Worn suspension

alpesh26

Reaction score
After 128k, it seems the suspension on my SE has seen better days. It's started to sag on the front drivers side, only by 5mm but it's probably only going to get worse. It's also started to feel 'squidgy' in the bends even with an rs4 rarb.

I don't want to lose too much of the SE ride because it's pretty comfy, but I want to take the chance to lower the car because it looks like a tractor when sat on 18" s-line wheels.

I'm looking at the eibach pro springs (30mm drop) but I'm unsure which shocks to use. Should I get some Sachs OEM or bilstein b4? There are 2 options on the bilstein b4 normal and sport, anyone know the difference?

Cheers! Is there anything else I should replace whilst the suspension is in bits?

I've recently fitted Sachs OEM shocks all round on standard sport springs and it's a perfectly comfortable ride. I opted for sachs over bilstein as I fitted b5 perches too which won't fit to the bilsteins. I'll be opting for Eibach pro eventually too!

Just had another look at the car because I thought this could be a broken spring or a leaking shock but it's not. I couldn't see a crack on the spring but they are a bit dirty.

Before I fork out money on springs and shocks and still have the same issue, is there anything else I should check?

Have you had a good look at your tyres? Are they the right load index? If they are they a cheap brand the side walls will be soft. Have you used it on a trackday? Heat will also soften and distort the side walls.
Apart from that it will be just tired springs and shocks.

The tyres seem fine, they're Michelin pilot sport 3 extra load (I forget the load rating). It's not been on a track day or anything like that

Will get a garage to check it over, it seems to drive ok but I've seen it lower on one side so it's playing in my head!!

Cheers