World Record S3 Tyre Wear

RonS3

DERV convert
Reaction score
My S3 just passed it's 1st MOT with it's original tyres fitted at 36k, now you're all thinking I either let my gran drive me everywhere or spend all of my time on motorways. Whilst I'm not doing a Colin McRae at every opportunity either (just now and again), I'm seriously impressed at the logevity of the OEM rubber, can you beat this (or would you even want to?)

Anyone interested in a lightly used Black 09 S3 with buckets, adaptives, phone prep, bose, auto wipers, Ipod connection, privacy glass and black optics............. and nearly worn out tyres!

crikey man. I only had 14k outta my pilot sport 3's, they were fairly gone too....! well done!

44k out of a front set of michelin primacy HPs on my focus. not an audi but u get the point. and that was with me hammering it around for the latter half of its life.

I have done 30k between my summer and winter tyres, ironically the summers done for, but the winters are not even 25% worn, car nr 2 yr old, been around NBR too, and some pretty dodgy driving.

Wow. I got 13k from my first set of Conti Sports Contact 2. And 70% of those miles were in London, where average speed is probably 10-20mph! What the hell!