1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Workshop Manuals

Discussion in 'Diesel forum' started by fergusd, Dec 5, 2006.

1. fergusd

fergusd New Member

So . . . what's the deal with workshop manuals then . . . bentley seem to do what appears (?) to be the factory manual (?) so why do they not cover all engines ?

I'm assuming audi do have workshop manuals for everything, anybody have a source ?

I'm after a manual for the 2.5TDI V6 . . . planning on keeping it a long time and a manual would help . . . don't really do dealers or garages . . .

?

TIA

Fd

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. enda1

enda1 Member

I think bentley do manuals for the american market so probably no diesels. If you want to get the official workshop manuals try this link to Audi, but they are stupidly expensive.

https://erwin.audi.com/erwin/showHome.do

4. necroeire

necroeire Active Member

You can get ElsaWin off flea-bay - I got 4 DVDs that cover all Audi models and VW models up to 2003. Cheap too £15.
    Thats Nice (Borat style)

5. fergusd

fergusd New Member

cheers ;-)

Fd

6. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed!
    VCDS Map User

you can get the Audi OE manuals from your stealer, but they're normally 100 quid plus. knock spots off of a Haynes one though.

7. fergusd

fergusd New Member

Interesting - cheers - I'll have to ask them . . .

The way I look at it is this . . . at the current dealer labour charges - a hundred quid for a manual which means I never, ever need to use a dealer . . . is a bargain . . .

I'm used to running cars to 1/4 million miles or more, once I buy them they never see a dealer (or garage) again apart from MOT's and tyre fitting . . . and are much better for it ;-) . . .

Will investigate . . .

Thoroughly enjoying my 2.5 TDI ;-)

Fd