1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wooly handling

Oranoco Nov 2, 2007

1. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

My '96 T Sport A4 has developed a bit of wooly handling over the last few weeks. Also getting a light knock from the suspension. The car seems to have a bit of a mind of it's own and any change to the road surface has the steering wheel squirming.

Where should I start looking?

2. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

Anti Roll Bar and bushes

3. Oranoco

Ooo. Sounds like a good excuse to get an Eibach item on there then. IS it worth poly bushing the assembly?

4. madvw

madvw Active Member

control arms too, they're forever going on B5's.

5. Oranoco

My last A4 went through control arms at a daft rate. Doesn't feel quite the same as that though.

Wanted to just change all the balljoints for peace of mind by nearly had a heart attack at how much it would cost in parts:ohmy:

6. hussainshah

hussainshah New Member

My cars doing something similar, its the B7 but its not knocking..

7. hussainshah

hussainshah New Member

Any ideas?

8. Grale1

Grale1 Active Member

Kind the the same thing on my a3 8l and my roll bar seems to loosing the paint/ plastic coating?

9. vikingjonas

vikingjonas New Member

Not sure if this is any help but on my previous wrx I did have a problem where the steering went a bit funny and the steering wheel would wobble in my hands at the smallest of issues on the road and it turned out to be a worn out little rubber bush in the power steering unit, cost me all of 2 pounds fitted.... maybe get them to check that first, may save you a lot of money....