1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Woohoo the remap is complete!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by RobinA3, Jan 10, 2007.

1. terrymcg

terrymcg Member

Robin,

Whats the update on the remap, did you ever get onto superchips or are you still waiting to change the DV?

Terry

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. RobinA3

RobinA3 Well-Known Member

Right update

I have just fitted the new DV and just taken it for a drive and the problem has been solved, it pulls and pulls and pulls now, no flatspots, no hesitations or anything else apart from POWER <clarkson styleee>

Took me 30mins to change the valve after spending 20mins trying to find the where the turbo sits. Also the valve on mine was the old version so i guess that was the cause of the problem.

VERY fiddly job but i did it in 30mins on the driveway with the drivers wheel off and that end of the car on a axle stand.

Its very fiddly to get the top bolt off but i used several small extension adapters to get to it.

If you are a hands on kinda guy then you will be fine doing it as long as you have some small extensions, i got a 150piece halfords professional kit which came in handy.

I would have done some pics but you can't really see anything unless you get down on your back and get your head into the wheel arch so sorry to those who wouldn't mind having a guide on how to do it.

If anyone needs any help on doing this then feel free to pm me.

The part number for the part is as follows:

Valve - 06F145710C - &#163;21.78 + vat
    Bolts - N10196103 - 0.26 + vat - 3 off.

Total came to &#163;26.37 but that included discount he gave me as he noticed that i worked at Bentley Motors who are classed as trade ;-) but the discount was only &#163;1.51 but better than nothing!

4. RobinA3

oh and superchips have said that if i get any problems on the RR day then they will extend the 7day refund till then which is nice of them.

5. RobinA3

oh and thanks to Steve for pointing out the fix for me :)

6. mjepson

mjepson Member

I'm glad you are keeping it, as I got a bit worried with you returning it after i had ordered.

I remapped my TDI today, and compared to the 25&#8364; tuning box i bought of ebay.de, it flies like hell :) Second gear makes the wheels spin from 2500-4000rpm, mostly because its wet today, but also because of the extra punch from the bluefin. After 20 mins of driving it today I am really satisfied.

7. RobinA3

What has the bluefin done to your MPG then? any difference?

Mines pretty much stayed around the same!

I'll be keeping it.

8. curley

curley Member

So he is good for somethink then:undwech:

9. mjepson

mjepson Member

I think its about the same, but how would i know... im flooring it every chance i get :)

but i had it in 5th on the motorway and it was about 5.5 l/100km... not shure what that is in gallons ;)

I'm also keeping it. Its amazing

10. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Active Member

Jees Robin what are you trying to up your post count ;)

Glad to hear you got the issue resolved.

J.

11. d3fy

d3fy Active Member

Robin what does the old DV look like, would I be able to see mine in the engine? I'm thinking that if I could indentify that I have an old one, I might put off the remap...

12. Beddie

Beddie Member

d3fy, if you jack up the front of the car and wedge your head underneath the turbo and look to the inlet pipe you will see the diverter valve, if yours has a part number containing a 'B' it is the old version, revised versions are 'C'
    HTH
    Steve

13. RobinA3

Jack the drivers side up, take the wheel off, put your hand in the wheel arch and look for a black component with a electrical connector on it, thats the DV.

I think you might struggle to see the part number on it to be honest as its quite hard to get at.

To be honest i think it might be best to change it anyway as i have read that even on standard tune engines the valve fails so it might need to be done anyway.

It not worth putting off a remap, it might be a fiddly job but the remap more than makes up for it, think of the POWER lol

14. Beddie

Beddie Member

Here's some piccies for future reference for anyone with the same probs...

Difference between old 'B' diverter and revised 'C' version

[​IMG]

Pic taken looking up at diverter valve showing part number details

[​IMG]

15. RobinA3

FYI the electical connector points down towards the floor :)

16. Beddie

Beddie Member

The guy taking the picture was standing on his head lol :p

17. RobinA3

right yet another update

the problem of the hesitation during full throttle has returned, doesn't happen so often now but its still there and happens on when on WOT at around 4-5k rpm

i think i will need to find someone with vag-com to see if any error codes have been logged on the ECU.

but whatever the problem is i wanna get it sorted as the remap is sensational!

18. d3fy

d3fy Active Member

Anyone else had this problem? I'm a bit put off now. I dont have the skills to start playing with fitting a new DV.

19. RobinA3

i have done some more research on this on the ukmk4's forum and many people with the same remap and also other remaps are having the same problem

some seem to have sorted it by giving superchips a call and they gave them a new map.

i'll ring them tomorrow and ask whats what but please don't be put off the remap as it is really worthwhile due to the better driveability you get.

i'll keep you posted on the situation :)

20. mjepson

mjepson Member

This is obviously only a problem with the FSI engine i guess? I haven't noticed anything with my diesel yet

21. RobinA3

I have just spoken to Superchips and they know that this effects a small number of engines so they will be sending me an updated calibration file ready for me to download after work to upload onto my car.

Its a case of overboost, problem solved almost, i'll keep you updated when i upload it onto the car.

22. Advert Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  23. RobinA3

update:

Remapped the car when the new tune, seems better now, i will see how it goes and let you know, hopefully it has fixed the problem, i did give it a blast and it had a small hiccup but it didn't return no matter how hard i tried!

24. RobinA3

oh bugger!

the problem is back now, same engine speed and same symtoms!

just rang superchips and they suggested the diverter valve which i told them i have changed so they need to see the car!

25. funguf

funguf Sunday Driver

Did you manage to sort this problem Robin?

26. RobinA3

Yeah the problem got sorted ages ago, Superchips found a large number of cars with the same engine had the same problem and it ended up being a fueling problem.

They sent me a new calibration file and it solved the problem and also has given more power and torque.

The car flies now when i boot it but will still return 36-38mpg on a gentle drive although when i do hoooooooon it will go down to like 20mpg!

the Bluefin at £500 was the best £500 i ever spent!

27. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

You evidently know a lot about superchips/bluefin.
    Does it follow that every car they can chip will have a bluefin option ?
    I'm almost certainly getting a 159 next,with the 1.9jtd engine.
    They offer a tune that takes it up to 180bhp,but only at one of their premises at the moment.
    The nearest dealer is a couple of hundred miles away though.
    Is it a 'done deal' that it will come as a bluefin option in time ??.

28. RobinA3

I think the popular maps like the VAG TDi's and TFSI's come on bluefin but i very much doubt they will bluefin other less popular engines.

I asked them if they will be doing the 1.8T remap on bluefin and they said no as the demand is not there anymore.

29. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

I'll e-mail them,coz the Alfa 1.9jtd engine is used in Saabs,Vauxhalls and Fiats,so they'll maybe think about bluefin for an engine with such a broad spectrum of applications.