Wooden Flooring

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
Hi

I have recently had most of the house carpetted, however we didnt do the hallway as it has real wooden flooring.

My problem is that it has lots of 'heel marks' and dents in it from high heels (previous owner and the Wife!!)

I would like to keep the floor as it is but want to somehow refurb/restore it so the marks are gone.

Anyone else had or have this problem that can provide a solution at all??

Thanks
Nilz

If it is a "real" wooden floor as opposed to something like laminate you can hire the sanding machines and get rid of those marks.

You could try steaming the dents out,i did this once on a wood floor and worked well i used the wifes steam iron on a towel.

Reactions: Nilz
yep really,the heat and moisture makes the wood expand

Thanks guys for the responses, I did look into sanding down, however, its not a huge area and think it would be a bit overkill for what i need it for, the steaming thing looks like a good trick, so I may give that a go with some before and after pics to see how much of a difference it makes, I did read that water/steam for real wood was not good, however if this is done correctly, it seems alot of people have had success with it.

I use a damp tea towel and an iron to get dents out of wooden gun stocks.

If you do decide to use a floor sander be prepared for finding dust all over the house for the next year ! lol

Alright mate....thats the route I was going to go down, so will see if i can give it a go over the weekend.

Thats another reason i dont want to sand, as we have just carpetted and dont fancy that mess!!!

Did you manage to sort your tint out??

Didnt get a chance to do it, will update when i get a chance with pics to see if the difference is noticable :)