1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wobbly brake pedal

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by BigBird, Sep 2, 2010.

1. BigBird

BigBird Lost in music...

Anyone else got a wobbly brake pedal? Just had mine replaced under partial warranty on my `07 S3 as there was side to side play that was becoming noticeable when using it.

After 4 days at the stealers (!!) :faint: it's come back with a new pedal, bracket and pins fitted. It's more wobbly than my old one was! :banghead:

At first they didn't order all the parts, then they ordered it from my chassis number, but it came with the wrong internal washer bits, so they ordered some more & fitted them today. Perhaps not with the right ones I feel.
    Tried to tell me that a 3 year old car would have some play in the pedal. I pointed out that if they had fitted the correct parts they said they had, that my brake pedal was in fact brand new.

Back for day 5 of the job next week. Shites.

Anyway, rant over. Is it a common fault? I've had the all too common air con compressor, sensors, and creaking steering rack faults but I might for once have a rare fault. Joy...:ohmy:
  2. BigBird

BigBird Lost in music...

Anyone? Only me with this then?

Got my own unique car problem for once instead of the common faults. Great...:ohmy: