Wobble when starting cold

Tomjayc

Reaction score
Hi having this problem feel nearly the same as when the flywheel was goin I replaced it about a month ago along with
Wiring loom
Egr valve
Dpf taken out and remapped
Any help ?

Cheers

Did you solve this mate? Same issue thought it was dmf but still happens on cold starts for about 30 seconds as if the flywheel wobbles makes the car sway one side to another very lightly! Replace clutch flywheel csc etc slightly improvement...

I had a similar thing going on with my B8 A4 2.0TDi, I presumed it was a misfire whilst the engine was cold. It always went away after a few seconds though.

Did you ever fix or find out what the misfire is from? I've scanned and no codes

No I presumed it was temperature related though as when the engine started to warm up (almost immediately when driving) the symptoms went away.

Yup that sounds exactly like mine tbh I give it a rev or two and it won't do it again only happens really when on a hill cold start with handbrake on

My (unsubstantiated) theory was that one of the cylinders was not getting hot enough from a cold start right away causing the engine to misfire on that cylinder and causing the wobble.

Steve, when you say cylinder what exactly do you mean by that? Like a glow plug? Something like that? I spent loads getting a new flywheel clutch etc and ****** off it wasn't even that haha... Mines a 1.9 tdi asz engine

I mean that one out of the 4 cylinders is not igniting the fuel hence the wobble. I ignored it as it only happened in the cold and went away as soon as the engine was driven.

I don't know enough about the engine design to comment, but if the glowplugs are per cylinder (each cylinder having it's own set) then they could certainly be to blame.