WMI, water meth fitted pics, now to test, but need help.

JJ.Foulds

Reaction score
So the water meth kit is fitted and is tested and works correctly. This was just using water from the tap, not actually plumbed into the engine.

I have some distilled water and pure methonol on the way, which i will mix 50/50, but what i need to know is.

1. what tests/check do i need to perform when setting the PSI controls on the controller?
2. what logs using VCDS do i need to watch to make sure everything is safe and i wont bend any pistons or whatever.

PSI SETTINGS.
My full boost is logged at 1.5Bar (22psi) but im only getting around 1.3 max. So should i start off just adjusting the start value? or the final value?
NOTE: this is a progressive controller.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, in time i will be going back to rick to get it all mapped in but for now i just want it working.

Thanks.

The boost controller, which is located in my fuse box inside the cabin, but with enough slack to pull out and use if needed.

And the pump located at the lower front end of the car, directly next to the washer tank. note the horn being held on by tie wraps!

The start setting on mine is the same as Rick has recommended,but the full flow setting is much higher.

The reason is down to nozzle size for the injector(s),and as we have the largest one running on mine,the point was to max it out at close to full boost.
With lower power/lower boost applications and a lower flow nozzle,Rick's advice is best.

You can simply use it,but running it on a RR might be useful at some stage.

The start setting on mine is the same as Rick has recommended,but the full flow setting is much higher.

The reason is down to nozzle size for the injector(s),and as we have the largest one running on mine,the point was to max it out at close to full boost.
With lower power/lower boost applications and a lower flow nozzle,Rick's advice is best.

You can simply use it,but running it on a RR might be useful at some stage.

Iv got the second smallest nozzel i think, the DO2, thats what they recommended to me with boost, max bhp and max revs into consideration.

Is there any logs i can check myself to make sure its working correctly or what i can watch to see the lower temp or octane stuff.

Is air to fuel ratio something that changes due to meth?

Iv got the second smallest nozzel i think, the DO2, thats what they recommended to me with boost, max bhp and max revs into consideration.

Is there any logs i can check myself to make sure its working correctly or what i can watch to see the lower temp or octane stuff.

Is air to fuel ratio something that changes due to meth?

That sounds about right.
You could look at intake temps possibly.

AFR shouldn't change radically,and the only time fuelling would really alter is for those who think running 100% methanol is a good idea.....it isn't,as the maximum benefits in terms of cooling and effective RON increase,is at 50%(even if you ignore the risks of a plastic tank full of methanol inside the car....)

Rick will be far better qualified than me to answer logging and data questions.

Which trottle pipe did you get and where from if you dont mind me asking :). That fitting looks neat. Sorry for a bit of OT

I bought the Revo throttle pipe from LVS, great service from them, would highly recommend!

and thanks :) its probably not that neat if you actually looked at it in real lol.