1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wishbone bushes

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by chips, Jan 15, 2013.

1. chips

chips New Member

Have an A3 1.6 petrol SE with 48k on the clock in with dealer under the MOT complete offer for £99 (NI)

Just been phoned to say front wishbone bushes are showing wear & need replaced to pass MOT. Advised me that it's normal to replace complete wishbones instead of just the bushes (easier job) and that it would be £370 to do the work!

Am I wrong in thinking 48k is far too early for wishbone bushes to go? I do just under 10k per year, nearly all of it on A roads...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
    Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

Well what age is the car, remember its not just usage that makes things perish, its open as such to the air, road ****, water, grit, etc, so you never know whats made them in that condition, although its fairly tough rubber or whatever material is used, its not impossible even at 50k.

4. chips

chips New Member

Oops!

5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
    Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

2008 does seem young, but tbh mate, as I said external factors could affect this, if you're concerned it maybe BS, go take a look yourself to confirm.

6. chips

chips New Member

Picking up the vehicle tonight (hopefully after successful test), will ask them to show me the removed bushes but I'm sure they'll say they're already binned.
    We'll see...