Wishbone bushes - axle stands location is annoying

S3Lol

Reaction score
Right, can't get my axle stands under the sills because the plastic is in the way and I will crack it if I put it there. Pic below
346a76e5.jpg

So, decided to put the stand further inside on a bolt. Sitting well there at the moment, however doesn't feel right, hence why the tyre and other jack are there still! Pic below

66de0559.jpg

Anyone else reckon it's going to be alright there while I take the wishbones off?

Also, was only going to to the front bush on the front wishbone. Should I have ordered the rear to do all in one? Will the other ones be ok? Car is on 102k miles

NO NO NO lol, put the stands on the square rails, you can see it just to the left of the jacking point in the second pic.
I see your stands have more of a v shap to them, theyre not flat so can't really jack a flat surface well, thats tricky.
Are your rear bushes split or cracked? mine were goosed after 130k, like totally ********

Last edited:
The rear bush looks like it has come out a bit. Only seen one side at the moment. I'm going to have to get some rears this week And attack it next weekend. OEM is the usual recommendation for those, or shall I powerflex?

That's the place to jack yes, mine was stood for about a month on those jacking points with me yanking on bolts.
Id change them if I were you, if you have access to a press or even a vice.
I went for solid tt ones on the rear, as i thought poly wouldve been to hard for a bush with as much movement as that one (all other bushes just rotate on an axis through them, these have side to side movement) that was my theory anyway.