1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wishbone ball joints.

ayfreetee Apr 24, 2011

1. ayfreetee

ayfreetee Well-Known Member

Are wishbone ball joints a pain to change on an A3 1.8T?

2. AGU-TURBO

AGU-TURBO Audi a3 1.8t AGU

no not realy. there is 4 nuts that hold them on. 1 at top 3 at the bottom. undo the top one then get a ball joint splitter and seperate from the hub. undo the 3 underneath and its out.

when i did mine i replaced the hole wishbone, they arn't exspensive from you'r local car shop.

3. HTC

HTC Active Member

On the A3 it's a little bit more of a pain. As the ball joint sits closer to the driveshaft than on the S3, sometimes the you need to pull the drive shaft out of the wheel bearing housing if the top nut doesn't want to budge.

4. ayfreetee

Thanks for the replys chaps, the only reason I will change just the joint and not the whole arm, is that a new one came with the car.

5. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

Also get the ball joints from audi. Superkarl fitted euro car parts ones and had a few fitment issues. I bought audi ones and they went straight on.

6. ayfreetee

Jacked car up and took off the wheel to change the joint only to find that it looks like a new wishbone, so no need to fit the joint, result.

7. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

Lucky sod ;)

8. S3 TAM

S3 TAM Pocket now empty

Just ordered my ball joints from audi will be fitting them this weekend.