Wish me luck...

Secondment over to Delay Attribution in Performance,away from my current role of S&T technician

Most of my family are s&t, I broke the trend and went for ohl.

I'm looking into train driving at the minute because i fancy a change.

Most of my family are s&t, I broke the trend and went for ohl.

I'm looking into train driving at the minute because i fancy a change.

Applied a while back,but then drivers jobs were put on hold.Whereabouts in the country are you? North of the border here

I'm based loosely around birmingham, but I'm all over the place usually.

I've got a few mates that work as drivers so should be alright, I've been offered a job driving before but couldn't afford the pay cut whilst training at the time, I'm in a better position to do it now though so hopefully can get myself in there!

Good luck to you,don't think I could afford the drop in pay while training at the moment.

Good luck bud, hope all goes well, hate the waiting game.

I am waiting for an interview date at the moment, i have been told i am the only one they want to see, but due to new HR rules cant be, as this is not giving equal opportunities, how ****** stupid, i used to work for the guy, who does not want to employ anyone else, but has to put people through interviews they are never going to get, PC gone f***in stupid if you ask me, but i am not letting it effect my cool at all hahaha !!

Good luck bud, hope all goes well, hate the waiting game.

I am waiting for an interview date at the moment, i have been told i am the only one they want to see, but due to new HR rules cant be, as this is not giving equal opportunities, how ****** stupid, i used to work for the guy, who does not want to employ anyone else, but has to put people through interviews they are never going to get, PC gone f***in stupid if you ask me, but i am not letting it effect my cool at all hahaha !!
Just got the email from HR telling me I wasnt getting the post,identified someone fitted the post better :(

Just got the email from HR telling me I wasnt getting the post,identified someone fitted the post better :(

I hate that excuse really gets on me wotsits!!

had that years ago, "sorry you are not qualified for the job, cause you have done the role for 10 years, but dont have a degree" the world has gone mad, it really has !!

Sorry to hear it bud, plenty more out there!

Reactions: Nilz and markos72
Good luck to you,don't think I could afford the drop in pay while training at the moment.

I would be all over that driver training, ,my mate in 3 years has gone from £26k to £32k, to £45k, i would of been more than happy at the £26k but drivers money just goes up and up !!

Reactions: markos72
I hate that excuse really gets on me wotsits!!

had that years ago, "sorry you are not qualified for the job, cause you have done the role for 10 years, but dont have a degree" the world has gone mad, it really has !!

Sorry to hear it bud, plenty more out there!

Cheers,feeling bit low but it'll pass.

Dunna be down fella, as my Crazy *** Mrs always says, "everything happens for a reason", or so she tells me, but if i didnt have a bad luck i wouldnt have any at all!!

Aaah mate, sorry to hear the news!!!

I am a believer of everything happens for a reason too, so hold fire and who knows there maybe something bigger and better out there for you.

Dont be too down mate though, these things happen and I guess the positive from this is that at least the company are aware now that you want to progress and may hold that in your favour, as some people are just happy to carry on as they are without any progressions routes planned out.

Chin up :)

Mark, sorry to hear you didnt get the position you were after. Something else will come up for you soon. Chin up Mark and keep smiling. :) x

Another position in the internal list for assistant test and commissioning which is almost a natural progression of what i do now,no harm trying :)

Reactions: Andy Crooks and Sandra
Another position in the internal list for assistant test and commissioning which is almost a natural progression of what i do now,no harm trying :)

We all love a tryer lol, go on lad, get applying they will get he hint soon enough that you want promotion!!

Reactions: Andy Crooks and markos72
LOL...good stuff mate, just bear in mind though that they may think you have gone for it on the rebound, so may not take it seriously, if they do ask you for reasons, just make it clear and put some passion into it to say the other role you went for but didnt get was because you wanted to progress, but as this has come up and its more of a natural progression for you and maybe it happened for a reason that you didnt get that role as this is the real one you were meant to get :)

Good luck!!

Reactions: TheDriver and markos72
I haven't heard from any of the 40 jobs I have applied for since new year but just applied for another job in Kidderminster's furniture barn store so it's abit more up my street and it's full time with more money so I hope I hear something this time

Well I applied for a job yesterday just down the road at Hylton Nissan and 10 minutes later he emailed me back asking if I was able to go for an interview on Wednesday at 10am so I'm going for an interview now, I applied for a similar role last October at the dealership and had a trial day but in the end I was unsuccessful with it so I thought I would give it another shot

Well I applied for a job yesterday just down the road at Hylton Nissan and 10 minutes later he emailed me back asking if I was able to go for an interview on Wednesday at 10am so I'm going for an interview now, I applied for a similar role last October at the dealership and had a trial day but in the end I was unsuccessful with it so I thought I would give it another shot

Fingers crossed bud, good on ya !!

Great News Andy!!!

Fingers crossed here too, hope all goes well for you :)

I owe Nilz a pint, he adapted my c.v to help me get a decent job doing what I wanted to and on Monday I applied for a job at Hylton Nissan as a sales executive got offered an interview for Tuesday or Wednesday so I had my interview got the phone call today saying I got the job so I am over the moon :)

First full time job in years so I'm happy as it can now properly afford the bills as I move into my first house next month

Big thanks and a big thumbs up to Nilz

Reactions: kanecullen89, TheDriver, Nilz and 2 others
I owe Nilz a pint, he adapted my c.v to help me get a decent job doing what I wanted to and on Monday I applied for a job at Hylton Nissan as a sales executive got offered an interview for Tuesday or Wednesday so I had my interview got the phone call today saying I got the job so I am over the moon :)

First full time job in years so I'm happy as it can now properly afford the bills as I move into my first house next month

Big thanks and a big thumbs up to Nilz

Congratulations Andy. Really happy to hear your fantastic news. :) x

Nice one Andy.Big congrats.
Still waiting to hear if I'm gonna get an interview as assistant test and commissioning engineer.

Cheers Andy,just a waiting game as usual if I'm honest.Our HR department really seem to drag things out at times.

Cheers Andy,just a waiting game as usual if I'm honest.Our HR department really seem to drag things out at times.

Mark, good luck, im sure you are going to be successful this time. :) x

2nd time lucky that's what I did as I applied for the same job last summer and 1 person beat me to it so I reapplied and got the job this time so if you really want something in life just keep at it and you will get it

Good luck Mark,

I hope all goes well for you.

I went into Nissan today to sort a few things out and on my 1st weekend there he is shopping me off to a race track in alicante to try out some new models

Reactions: TheDriver, Sandra, Nilz and 2 others
I did yes mate, start 5th june day after I get back off my holiday in Malaga, then on the 10th there sending me on a 3 day training course in Alicante

Thanks Nilz for your help

Reactions: Sandra
Well done mate and congrats, glad I could be of assistance, hope the job is all you want it to be, im sure it will be as it sounds like you are off to a flying start already :)

I did yes mate, start 5th june day after I get back off my holiday in Malaga, then on the 10th there sending me on a 3 day training course in Alicante

Thanks Nilz for your help

****** ell!!

Any job s going for me lol, ****** well done Andy, ya right, good things come to them who want it hard enough !!