Wish me luck people

Andy at ACR can decode your ecu for you, hes at croft circuit.

Shame about the shortterm outcome - keep at it bud looking forward to monster results from this one.

In my limited experience of ECU fuelling systems, the narrow band lamba is poor for tuning, as all it gives you is black and white, rich or lean, and not the precise a/f ratio a wideband gives you. Which when you are trying to map the fueling has obvious benefits.

Also the MAF delete is possible by deriving a fuelling map based on Alpha-N, throttle position sensor and rpms as input rather that air flow from the MAF and load from the MAP sensors.

Good luck with it all bud. Keep up the good work.

narrow band is possible... Wellys is also narrow band and runs well on afr's @ its 370bhp level, and seans gt30 ibiza ran 447bhp on its narrowband ibiza ecu.

My ibiza ran narrow band ecu also when on me7 Worked to just over 500bhp, but I was max'd on just about every sensor on the car which made me uncomfortable... So I went standalone S60 DTA which does what I tell it and can run wideband control if I let it.. BUT I choose to not let it and use it offline to tell me whats going on and me adjusting the map accordingly..

What maf sensor size are you using andrew? Is it a Bosch MAF housing or sensor welded into a pipe? (no flow straightener)
We found the LCR we did on 4" maf boss in a pipe was a pig to map... Suitable maf scale added to the map and injector scaling altered to get more resolution for the part throttle resolution made a hell of a difference to getting it to run properly.

Wideband is the nicer ecu fo sho....... but you can map BT cars on narrowband

Its on a S4 maf

Paul said he could map the narrow band but the wide band would be a better and safer option. I'm sure Paul said they do there own ECU's thats just a plug and play ecu that fits into the S3 loom

Wideband wiring will be different so not sure its plug and play mate... current loom won't have wiring for the wideband lambda or EGT probe for starters... there would need to be some wiring involved I would have thought...

<tuffty/>

I have an Audi TT 225bhp ecu for sale if it's anyhelp, Fitted with a removable 28f800 chip so you can run multiple by swapping it over.

Let me know if it's any good.

It's not Immo defeated but easily done ( recoded ) with vagtacho

Its on a S4 maf

Paul said he could map the narrow band but the wide band would be a better and safer option. I'm sure Paul said they do there own ECU's thats just a plug and play ecu that fits into the S3 loom

agree with wideband is nicer ecu, but was'nt this all known before he saw it ?
intrigued with their own ecu... what make is that? got any info.. sounds nice

It was really my fault for forgetting mine was narrow and not telling him

I didn't ask him about the other ecu, he said it would fit with the standard loom with a adaptor loom?

He said he could fit the later S3 ecu with a wideband and make up a little bit of a loom with a relay???

As you can tell ecu mapping/logging etc is not my strong point

weel it is harder to map a narrow band, but it is possible with the correct equipment.

It best be as that's what mine is, and i am told it will be fine. I have seen many narrow band cars with decent power, even older NB cars that need chipping can be done with an emulator.

I hope you are not spending money needlessly "upgrading" when decent results can be obtained on your current setup with time and effort.

However, it's down to trust, if you trust your tuner, then maybe you should stick to what he said. That's what i am going on...

Many months ago i spoke with Paul about this subject, and he offered his plug n play ECU as mine was a narrowband being APY. However i was already intent with converting to ME7.5 to which he agreed was a good choice. I along with many colleagues can vouch for his abilities and professionalism.

He must have been having a mare to abort mapping as he did with yours Andrew. Hope you sort it out.

He just ran out of time as he had to leave early ( pet related ) and spent most of the time trying to get it to idle right

He would of got it done in that day but was busy with calls as well and a problem he had that i can't post on here till its sorted out

Trying to do it in a day... tall order.
I cant do one in a day... takes me longer (maybe I am slow)

wideband is your friend tho.. I am sure it will be great when done.

Trying to do it in a day... tall order.
I cant do one in a day... takes me longer (maybe I am slow)

wideband is your friend tho.. I am sure it will be great when done.

I've priced up the parts and its a no brainer really so i will be going wideband as it doesn't cost that much, I will be doing the wiring myself as i don't mind that, price to swap over to wideband will be about £330 minimum.

I've also been told that i will get better MPG ( I'll need it with this Turbo lol )

Badger have you ever done a maf delete? common in the US i see with the mafless files the do. If i can do it safely then i will run a 4 inch TIP.

Many months ago i spoke with Paul about this subject, and he offered his plug n play ECU as mine was a narrowband being APY. However i was already intent with converting to ME7.5 to which he agreed was a good choice. I along with many colleagues can vouch for his abilities and professionalism.

He must have been having a mare to abort mapping as he did with yours Andrew. Hope you sort it out.
Agreed, hes a well respected tuner....

Badger have you ever done a maf delete? common in the US i see with the mafless files the do. If i can do it safely then i will run a 4 inch TIP.

not something I have done yet no. I have used 4" MAF (fabricated) and used RS4 MAF scaling with some adjustments

Spoke to Paul today and we are going to do a Maf delete and do the adjustments in other places rather than us the maf i think he said live mapping? as i said its all over my head this mapping

I'm also going to make the new inlet for the next time on the rollers with the wideband and 4 inch tip

I am having a inlet manifold made for mine.. nearly done.. be interesting to see how it works