Wiring?

Tim_Attard

Reaction score
Hello,

i have got my car back from the dreaded oil pressure it seems ok so im gonna continue with my project of the interior, my question is wheres the best place to send wires through from engine bay, i have to send a power cable plus a cable for a boost guage and one for oil pressure ironicly, ive heard of a spare gromet but cant find it pictures would help me endlessly.

Thanks
Tim

Well i finally found it broken a few plasitc bits :/ anyway i have to wires now, just wondering about fuses?

i will be running 3 gauges and 2 neons tubes off the switched live thats by the relays under the sterring wheel do i need to add an inline fuse for these and if so what rating? and i have power straight from battery to the 3 gauges same question there too?

Thanks
Tim

Did you run the wires through the grommet behind the glove box?

Regarding the wiring for the gauges, I think you should have two power wires for each gauge, a constant 12v and an ignition live, or just an ignition live, illumination and an earth.
I can't remember what I had on mine, I know I had ign live, illumination and earth but I didn't run any extra fuses and they've been on there for a few years without any issues.

yeah i did was pretty easy thankfully once finding it, also the actual wiring im ok with its just the fuses ima bit iffy about there will be a constant live to the battery and a switched live to the one by the realys, not sure if i need to fuse either of them but as u say u havnt and its been fine i might just not worry, tbh it should be alright... famous last words :p