Wiring stack boost gauge up........

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Evening boys and girls.

Havent been on here for a while, been in shagascruff for the best part of 2 weeks :).

On my return home today i was greeted by a very nice parcel from a ex-s3 owner (coyle, cheers mate).

It was his old stack boost gauge that already has a red film on the backing and has been mounted to a A-pillar for me.
Now, who's fitted a stack boost? Any advice on wiring it up or can anyone who's fitted one shed any light?
Wheres the best place to tap in for the power? The mechincal side or should i say the boost tubing side is easy and i know the best route for that etc.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Dan.

Take the 12v feed from the headlamp switch, its purely for the backlight.

Gutted i couldnt have this as my interior is a slightly different colour so ill have to make mine myself!

Any pics mush? Im not the best with wiring haha.

I hope you've booked in to the clinic now you're back ;)

I wired mine in so that the back light came on with the first turn of the ignition. If you remove the fuse box from the drivers side of the dash so you can get in there to get at the wires that plug into the back of the headlight switch.

if you remove the headlight switch and take a feed from that (use a multi metre to find the right wire) then find a ground and ur laffin

There's no take off on back of the gauge for a earth/ground, theres only a +/- feed and the vaccum feed, do i just earth it off bit of metal on the gauge?

Haha, no need westle, i took the misses with me for some fun :) lol.

yeah thats it mate i same as a amplifier
id still go clinic lol

There's no take off on back of the gauge for a earth/ground, theres only a +/- feed and the vaccum feed, do i just earth it off bit of metal on the gauge?

Haha, no need westle, i took the misses with me for some fun :) lol.

- is the ground mate the best palce I found was if u take the fuse box out on the dash support near the bulk head you'll see a nut with 4/5 brown wire attached that's a main earth point unscrew the nut attach ur ground/- there n re tighten, as for + either tap off direct from the fuse for the side lights or off the main switch itself or off the centre console/ashtray light mate

Argh now i see, thanks chris, explained on my level haha. You dont know what colour the sidelight + wire is do you?

cant remember off the top of my head but i know for a fact top left corner 3rd fuse down, is drivers side side ligts mate, so if u take the fuse box out and follow from the back you cant go wrong im shure its something like grey with black stripe or grey with red stripe mate