wiring pic for door mirrors..

Ian Dickson

Old Codger
Reaction score
ive just ordered a widget from ebay that "should" allow the electric folding mirrors to fold when the key fob is used rather than the switch in the car ( when i fold the mirrors in i then cant see the cars racing up behind me as i try to get out the car) it seems that id need to splice the wiring for the widget into the cables for the mirror but id like to check out the wiring diagram rather than waste time with a multi meter
can any one help with a pic or link to the correct diagram
Thanx

Please post up a link..
I want to do this to mine too..
And if you do get it to work please share it with us..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sure will SemedoB6 theres a lot of the same item on ebay for about a tenner,, ( they come from China ) and some more expensive in Europe/ UK but as im not in a rush as i wanted to get the wiring checked on the car so i can "splice" it in quickly i ordered this one,,
Intelligent Fold/Unfold Auto Car Side Rear View Mirror Folding Closer System ( ebay number 112236196159 ) just search for the number in ebay

at it showed part of the fitting instructions on the page and a bit of searching on google found this link of the instructions

http://imgur.com/Rm4cX2T

and this link on youtube shows the location of the plug in the drivers door for the mirror ( and there are other links by the same guy showing how to remove door panel etc)

i was hoping that the mirror cable conected to another cable as i thought if so i could find another audi in the scrap yard and get both origional plugs and make a "plug in loom" to save "splicing" into the mirror cable,, now im goint to see if i can find some connectors that i can solder inline and then make a "plug in loom" to fit those connectors unless anyone can tell me if theres a 16 pin connector that will fit the brown plug

Reactions: SemedoB6
Just finished this project and reverse tilt and fog lights with autolights all using an Arduino. Took me 3 months. I can help you with the wiring but it is an ******* to be honest, i guess it was the hardest part of the whole project.

Reactions: SemedoB6
"googles Arduino" so an Arduino is a simular kit to a Rasberry Pi? add modules and then create a program to do the job? thats well beyond my skill set mate but well done must have been a right ****** to find the wiring points to connect to as well
from what ive gathered (on google) theres 5 wires from the door panel to the mirror, ( havent taken the door panel off yet) which im guessing MAY be
Fold mirror
Unfold mirror
Heat mirror
Earth

and poss another earth or a power but thats just guessing

I'd have thought it'd be:

Up/down
Left/right
Heater
Fold/unfold
Earth

Coming from Disco 2s, they didn't have 'fold in'/'fold out' functions, they just toggled them. I made up a circuit to do what you want which was triggered by the door locks, but had to energise the mirror folding controller box first, then trigger the flip operation.

Finding the wires was never the problem, passing the wires to where the kit will be mounted thats the hardwork. Ill tell you which lines to use once i get home i dont recall them right now.

Thanx Donfero, the kit should be here in a couple of weeks ( always optomistic :haha: ) so no rush lol

AAHHHHHH..... Doh.. yep LawrenceH i was sooo focused on the fold/ unfold function of the mirror, i forgot that they damn things go left & right and up & down too,,,

Foolding and unfolding are separate from from right left up down 2 seprate wires as i recall 9 and 10 on the door connector. If u give 9 gnd and 10 12v they fold, switch the polarity they unfold.

Hi guys looking on here for some info on the same mod I want to do have a b7 s4 cab I have full electric mirrors with folding fitment just want to make them fold and unfold when I lock and unlock the car. been looking everywhere for a wiring diagram of the door electrics . I was hoping it could be done via VCDS but apparently that option was never fitted to the B7 models . if anyione knows of any other threads to help shed some more light be much appreciated.

Hi guys looking on here for some info on the same mod I want to do have a b7 s4 cab I have full electric mirrors with folding fitment just want to make them fold and unfold when I lock and unlock the car. been looking everywhere for a wiring diagram of the door electrics . I was hoping it could be done via VCDS but apparently that option was never fitted to the B7 models . if anyione knows of any other threads to help shed some more light be much appreciated.
Send me ur car specs ( engine code gearbox code model and ill get the wiring diagram from ELSA