1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiring Amp into S3

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by Jamesh, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Jamesh

Jamesh Member

[Jan 20, 2007]
    Just started to upgrade the sound system in my S3. Ive changed the wiring using AndyMac's pinout drawing whichs gives me a rear left and right preout. Trouble is the amp i've got needs an input for each chanel. I can have the rear speakers working but not the sub and vice versa depending on which channel the RCA goes into.

Can I split the preout signal coming from the headunit?

Any other ideas?

Cheers

James
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 26, 2014]

3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jan 20, 2007]
    Yes James you can just get two "Y" splitters and feed the rear pre-outs to all 4 channels. Might be worth checking that the amp does not have a switch to do this, most decent amps have an input select switch which can take a single input and feed it internally to all 4 channels, or some have a ch1/2 RCA output, which you can then connect to ch3/4 with a short RCA lead.
  4. Jamesh

Jamesh Member

[Jan 20, 2007]
    Thanks for the quick reply, My Amp is about 5 years old and has none of what you mentioned. What i've done is brought a pre-out lead adapter and run the remote, front and rear preouts to the rear of the car. The front output is running the sub via a bridged output and the rear out is running the speakers via the two remaining channels. Ive not powered it up yet due to running out of light. Before I do is there anything wrong with what ive done?
  5. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jan 20, 2007]
    Yes that's a better solution as it'll enable you to use the fader to give you sub level control.