Wire to tap into for aftermarket parking sensors

mpsheen

Reaction score
Hi All,

I’ve been having a hunt around online and keep finding OEM retrofit parking sensors.
I have just popped a cheap ebay kit into the back of the A4 B7 (same kit I have on my leon cupra and its spot on) but come a bit stuck installing this on the audi.

It got too dark and I had to come in, I was out there with my volt meter and ran into an issue.
I need to tap into the reverse wire which activates the aftermarket parking sensor control unit. It also grabs power from this.

Questions really are:

Is it possible to grab a power feed for the B7 without triggering the can-bus stuff?

If so would anyone happen to know the wire colours? – The volt meter read 12v on them all so im guessing I’m up s*** creak with my install at the moment

Any guidance on getting a power feed when the car is in reverse would be much appreciated

Thanks Ash,
Went out today and scotch locked it - Confirmed that this worked & aftermarket sensors work a treat!
Compressed image attached for anyone that may stumble across this topic.

Brown will go down and go into the rear light plug as a thicker yellow wire which is not numbered on the plug.
Power was taken from Red/Blue which enters the plug as red / blue

Attachments

• A4-B7-Reverse-wire.jpg
    A4-B7-Reverse-wire.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 308
Reactions: guyzza75