1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wipers Not parking

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by patchelect, Mar 15, 2010.

1. patchelect

patchelect New Member

[Mar 15, 2010]
    Yesterday while driving in the rain using the intermittent feature, my wipers suddenly decided that the park position was almost straight vertical! I thought I heard a click as it happened but can't be certain. As we continued on our merry way they began getting closer and closer to the correct position and currently are almost all the way back. Is there anything I can do, adjust, kick?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Mar 15, 2010]
    Maybe the wiper mechanism seizing up? Or a relay fault?
  4. patchelect

patchelect New Member

[Mar 16, 2010]
  5. basspower

basspower Member

[Mar 18, 2010]
    i has this prob turned out i needed a new wiper motor.
  6. polar

polar Member

[Mar 18, 2010]
    Had problem last week. My wipers stop in the wrong position because the motor cut out due the wiper linkage seizing up. A very common problem.

If you can get the wipers moving get some "Plus Gas" Penetrating lubricant. You can use WD40 it is not as good at penetrating but will still work.

Take off the black cover, covering the battery and wiper mechanism. Using the Supplied red straw that comes with the spray. soak the linkage ends. Not just the linkaqe parts that attach to the wipers but also the connections behind.

If the wipers are very stiff then give a helping hand by lightly helping the wipers. They will free up and move correctly.

Mine took two days to get moving properly and now after a good soaking every day the blades are working correctly even on full speed.
  7. scott b

scott b Active Member VCDS Map User

[Mar 20, 2010]
    well ive just replaced the linkage, all working spot on now but what a **** job to do,

and any one know how much the plastic scuttle panel trims are, i got a bit frustrated with it lol