1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wipers - mucked up positioning!! Help!

stephanbegley Dec 18, 2010

1. stephanbegley

stephanbegley New Member

Guys -

The snow has shafted the drivers side wiper - its basically sitting 3-4" higher on the windscreen than before - so when i switch it on it goes over the side of the window edge!

Is there any way to reset the wiper position?

Thanks!

2. RobinA3

RobinA3 Well-Known Member

Take off the wiper arm and refit it slightly lower. Sounds like you may have chewed up the splines on the wiper arm shaft.

3. loftylad

loftylad FinishedWaitingForMyAudi :)

I stand to be corrected, but it sounds like its moved on it's splines. It might be that you can remove and replace the arm to sit correctly(usually removal of a hex nut), or the splines may be "rounded" and you'll have to replace the arm (or the shaft it sits on)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  4. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

It will be the arm if spinning on shaft, its a softer metal so it goes before shaft.

5. JoolsS3

JoolsS3 New Member

I've had the same issues mate. Just clear all the ice and snow away from your screen, reposition the wiper with your hand and it should sort itself out - it did for me anyway!

6. tonz

tonz New Member

yeah, I have the same issue. the right wiper arm is being overlapped by the left arm so the drivers side of the windscreen is not getting cleaned. im not sure how to fix this any ideas?

7. mike foster

mike foster Fossie VCDS Map User

Don't blame the snow mate - moral of the story is never ever use wipers to clear snow !

8. audicruiser

audicruiser Audi Heaven

+1... clear snow on the screen and put them to service position to clear the snow from where they park...

9. Mick a3

Mick a3 Mellow Yellow

when i had my whole wiper linkage out it took about 6 or 7 try's to get the perfect again, then I noticed 2 blue lines drawn by pen on it indicting the correct starting position.

10. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea Team Ibis Audi S3 Black Edition DSG

Dont forget that where they stop in use and where they park are diffent when re setting.