Wiper Stalk Question

amicallef1991

Reaction score
Hi guys. Today i collected my new Audi a3 2002 1.9 TDI SE.

Great car and i cant wait to sort out some bits and pieces on it.

First thing is the on board computer. Ive read a few threads on here but as im new to the audi scene im finding it hard to keep up.

Basically i have no A or B or Reset button on my wiper stalk. the only output i have on my dash is time/date and miles travelled and total mileage.

Ideally i want to see my mpg and miles remaining. What do i need to do? Will it be a case of changing my wiper stalk?

Thanks in advance guys. Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

It seems that someone replaced clocks before.

Have you got full dis or just a half one?? Can you make a picture??

For those options you need full dis and a wiper stalk with reset button.

Thanks for the reply. Here are some pictures of what I have at the moment.

Let me know if you need any more info

IMG 20130320 00098IMG 20130320 00109

Unfortunately you have to change your cluster to have what you want, in that case this is not only a wiper stalk.

OK, Thanks for the info.

So i will need a new cluster and wiper stalk. Do you know if any extra wiring is required?

Do you know the part numbers of the parts i need?

Is this something that you often do yourself and could you do it for me if i pay you?

Thanks

You don't need the part number for this. Wiper stalk can be bought from A3, A4, A6, A8 as long as it have reset button and an option for the rear wiper if you use it.

Cluster must starts from 8L0 920 xxx where x is a default number. Would be better if that will be from diesel A3 but it can be from petrol as well.

Yes I can do it for you and yes there is additional wiring for this, what I will do for you.

Pm me for cost.