Wiper motor failure (rear)

a3rob

Reaction score
I purchased my first 8P a3 today. Love it muchly :)
Only thing is, the rear wiper motor wont work and i hear this is common.
Any info on why this happens would be greatly appreciated guys.

Thanks in advance
Rob

Its all to do with the washer jet, it leaks internally, it can also cause alarm problems, as washer fluid leaks onto the tailgate locks micro switch! Do a search for more detailed info, but the solution is either a new motor, get the revised spec model, ( parts numbers are detailed on here also) Or de wiper which is also a common mod

It gets flooded after ice in the washer expands breaks the seals. After thawing out every time you push the rear washer button water floods into the actual motor and causes it to short out.

Only answer is to replace motor (or de-wiper) and ensure washer liquid has enough anti-freeze to stop it happening again !

Or if your handy and have a bit of tube, an old style washing up liquid bottle.... Remove the inner tailgate panel, cut the pipe from the wiper, screw a self tapping screw into the washer bottle end, use some double sided sticky tape to fix the pipe and stop it rattling, (HOW ANNOYING) would that be?
Then put the new pipe onto the wiper end of pipe, more sticky tape to seal, then route the pipe to the passenger seat area, fill the washingb up bottle with screen wash, put the pipe onto the bottles nozzle, and bobs your uncle, just make sure you take a passenger out when raining to squeeze the bottle........ Hell ive actually surprised myself as to how good i am, with this HOW TOO....... and yes, they slapped my mum when i was born

Markie - do I detect a drop of the hard stuff ?

I will try and answer your PM question tomorrow but, as I have no idea (or pic) of what you have bought, I will find it difficult to compare with what you should have bought !! lol

That's the earlier revision wiper according to ETKA. The newer wiper motor part number is 8E9 955 711C