1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiper Blades - recommendations

purple8 Nov 11, 2013

1. purple8

purple8 Member

2. Molnboman

Molnboman Well-Known Member

Do a search up in the right hand side of the homepage, but you'll find most go with VAG original ones ( Valeo ) I think. I tried Bosch but they screech like a scolded hyena!!

Cheers
    A

3. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team V6 TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team Tornado quattro Black Edition Audi S4 s tronic

I've got Bosch, and with a periodic squirt of silicon spray (which also acts as a rain repellent when transferred to the screen by the wiper action) they stay smooth and quiet.

4. hades-

hades- Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

i always go with oem
    used various aftermarkets and never last aslong or are asgood

5. adcooper

adcooper Audi A6 C6 Avant 3.0tdi Le Mans S-Line

Tried bosch, now have oem much better!

6. wyliss

wyliss Member

New Michelin wiper blades??

7. SinghB7

SinghB7 Active Member

I have bosch, there abit noisy but I think I remember reading in the Audi Stoke section they sell oem ones from dealers for around £30 a pair.

8. Big Al

Big Al Active Member

Genuine Audi are best, nothing else is as good. Don't know why!

9. Macdoon

Macdoon Well-Known Member Team Ibis Gold Supporter Audi A4 S-line owners group

OEM, for some strange reason, they got that right lol

10. pistonripper

pistonripper Member

I bought genuine Audi wipers for mine, but they're not quiet. I've slapped Michelin ones on my golf mark 5 and I can hardly hear those. Any suggestions ?

11. Tank.

Tank. Member

I know its not the same but i have Goodyear flat blades from Costco on my corsa £7 each which i think is pretty Good and just as good as the Bosch ones in my opinion, but hey thats just on a corsa and not an audi

another option to aid clearing the windscreen would be a long term rain repellant, as a keen amateur detailer i can vouch for GTechniq G1 or G5 and Carpro flyby 30.
    ive got G1 on my windscreen and it does a pretty darn good job

12. A4_MaJiK

A4_MaJiK Azeem

Always OEM for me, for some reason everything else I've tried is noisy.

13. psychopomp1

psychopomp1 Member

14. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Team Akoya saloon TDi Audi S8

When you guys order from audi, do you get the complete wiper or just the rubber blade pack?

15. scotty76

scotty76 Well-Known Member Team Phantom Audi S4

16. psychopomp1

psychopomp1 Member

Yeah might as well buy them and see how they fare...will keep you posted chaps :)

scotty76 likes this.
  17. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team V6 TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team Tornado quattro Black Edition Audi S4 s tronic

Noted for future reference

18. A4_MaJiK

A4_MaJiK Azeem

Just the blades, arms are sold separately.

ScottD3 likes this.
  19. etxeondo

etxeondo Member

prefer genuine audi blades, bosh aero twin just does not seem as good.
    Also give your windscreen a good clean and polish, do the same to the new wiper blade when fitting.

I have also found vinegar then cleaner and polish on existing blades gets a bit more life when you have the streaking or smearing as does seem to help but ultimately they get replaced at some point when it crops up after a while.

20. Gravelcar

Gravelcar Member

I have Bosch and they're completely silent. I do try and keep the windscreen and wipers as clean as possible so that might help.

21. GeoffDunk

GeoffDunk Well-Known Member Team Panther Audi RS4 quattro Audi Avant Owner Group

I upgraded from standard (pre 2004) to post 2004 aero and purchased the whole kit from Audi UK.

They work so mach better the nnon aero and I wouldn;t put anything on other than OEM blades as I have expereinced the Bosch screeching before.

I could dig out the part numbers if anyone needs them?

22. rhinoman

rhinoman Member Team Silver quattro Audi Cabriolet Owner Group Audi S5

What he said.

23. DieselJake

DieselJake God Mode

Mine are cheap and screech, there's my review of cheap eBay wipers haha :icon_thumright:

24. Mike_B

Mike_B Active Member

Way back in the day, I used to just get the rubbers - can you still do that with aero blades though? As to genuine / oem or others, I've just bought a replacement set (pair) of "genuine Audi" - which are, I understand, made by Bosch - - they're fine, and quiet. They are handed though and if you get them mixed up on fitting, they're disappointing! Mike.

25. psychopomp1

psychopomp1 Member

scotty76 likes this.