1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiper Blades - have they changed part number?

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by geordiea3, Nov 22, 2009.

1. geordiea3

geordiea3 New Member

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know if the wiper blades on a A4 3.0 TDI Q S-line (2005 - 05 BKN ECU) differed from all other B7 A4's? i.e did they change the connection clip later on?

I only ask because I bought some from a 'respected' Ebay store and they were advitised as A4 MK3 Bosch 11.07 A298S. When they arrived they had the incorrect clip - looked like they just clipped to the wiper arm. Not the ones I require, 'V' notch type with a sliding over clip.

He's saying that I have to pay for postage to get a refund as my car is a 2005 not 2007. My argument is that as far as I know all B7's have the same wiper blades and he has incorrectlt advitised that item.

I wouldn't care but ordered some for my wifes MK5 Golf and they were incorrect as well - what's the odds!!??

Can anyone shed any light?

Hopefully

Mike.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. stevehall

stevehall Member
    VCDS Map User

I had the same problem, Mine is a 2005 A4.

Went to loads of shops (Halfrauds etc) and must have gone through 6 sets that would not fit, even though the guides said B7.

When mine whent in for a service they said the blades needed to be replaced, and i asked them to do this due to the problems i have been having finding new ones.

I will find the part number tonight for you off the invoice!

4. rowdyboy

rowdyboy Member

I'm fairly reliably informed you can only get them from the main dealer but i will stand corrected if anyone knows different. Also, i dont think they are that expensive

5. everogere

everogere New Member

Halfords do the right wipers in their own brand but the bosh ones are not manufactured, neither is any rear blade for the Avant, only available from Audi !

6. geordiea3

geordiea3 New Member

Thanks for the info guys, spoke to Audi and they clarified that you can only get these wipers from the stealers.
    Regards,
    Mike.

7. stevehall

stevehall Member
    VCDS Map User

I have got my invoice out and i paid 14.82 each and the part number was V4B2 955 425 C

8. geordiea3

geordiea3 New Member

Thanks for the part number Steve, will pop down and pick some up tomorrow.