Wiper blade length??

tubtub

Reaction score
Any chance someone could measure their wiper blade lengths?

Both mine (just fitted by garage) are 21" but they've touched and jammed a couple of times so I reckon one must be too long.

Thanks, Kev.

It must be the arm position on the spline then - naturally it happened at the worst possible time, at night during a snowstorm on a motorway in France.

Mine are the same length too, they did fit a curved blade to the nearside though didn't they.......?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yup, curved blade on the nearside. Watching them wiping this afternoon it looks as though it's impossible for them to touch but they did...

[ QUOTE ]
Are the blades slipping within the arms?Kev.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I checked that as soon as I could and they're securely fitted.

It's strange this should happen immediately after new blades were fitted, somehow they have to be the reason but it's not obvious why.

Can't look at mine now, so this may sound stupid.

Are they in the wrong way round? i.e. one overhang is longer than the other?

Kev.

Not sure if it's any help but I seem to remember that one of the blades should have a curve it it (when viewed from the top), this blade is on the passenger side, maybe if you have a straight one on that side it could cause your trouble?

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure if it's any help but I seem to remember that one of the blades should have a curve it it (when viewed from the top), this blade is on the passenger side, maybe if you have a straight one on that side it could cause your trouble?

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe the curve is the wrong way round?

Kev.

I still can't shed any light on why the blades should have jammed together; nothing's loose, the blades are the correct type and right length and the arms are correctly positioned on the splindles. Watching them in action there appears to be good clearance between the blades as they sweep the screen.

Perhaps it was the weather, it was snowing at the time but not heavily and I was using flick-wipe rather than continuous - very strange.....

I had the same thing happen to me 6 months ago and after almost returning the wipers back I had to straighten the curved passenger wiper a bit with my hands (the half closest to the drivers side) and it never happened again.