1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiper Arm

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Pau1TDI, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Pau1TDI

Pau1TDI New Member

[Jan 2, 2010]
    Alright guys,

Just need an opinion on this, as I'm a little disappointed in what's just happened. Not the end of the world, but hey...

Driving through some bad snow this morning and the wipers were on full speed. Then the driver’s side wiper arm just stopped and remained up right against the roof pillar. I turned the wipers off instantly and pulled over to the side of the road.

I thought the nut had come loose, but wanted to check. Once the bonnet was open I could see the small plastic cap that covers the nut sitting in the channel in which the wipers sit. Along with the plastic cover was the nut, which had actually snapped off at the thread.

Now to fix this the wiper stud, or complete wiper assembly will need replaced I would guess. The car is still under warranty, so you would hope this would be covered?

They have been good with me in the past.....but won’t know until Tuesday now. Anyone had this issue, and do you think they will help me out with this.

Thanks
    Paul
  2. Pau1TDI

Pau1TDI New Member

[Jan 2, 2010]
    2010 is looking like great year for me! :blownose:
  3. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

[Jan 2, 2010]
    It should be covered, its catastophic failure, not wear & tear. Its not a thing i've ever seen before. It will need the whole linkage mechanism replaced.
  4. Pau1TDI

Pau1TDI New Member

[Jan 2, 2010]
    Cheers bud, i'll see what they say. Any ideas on the cost of the linkage if worst case?
  5. Paul Laird

Paul Laird Member

[Jan 2, 2010]
    i would play daft and they will prob fix it:think::lmfao:, ur prob talkin bout £100 plus time, scuttle panel and that will have to be removed, motor change over, plus time to set the linkage bk up!
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  6. Pau1TDI

Pau1TDI New Member

[Jan 2, 2010]
    Cheers Paul, Maybe the fast setting is to fast for them.:meeting:

Never had this problem with my Jap scrap (Evo):undwech: