1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winter Wheels

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by N4THW, Aug 14, 2011.

1. N4THW

N4THW Member

Not sure if I'm keen on using my RS4's if the weather gets bad this winter... Anyone on here use cheap set of winter wheels? I was thinkin of painting the standard a3 steelies in black or something.. but my cars black so hmm anyone on here done it??? please post a pic if u have

[​IMG]
  2. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

Been looking at mytyres they are doing steel wheels and winter tyres quite cheap
  3. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

I use my Avus's as I have RSTT's for the rest of the year and only then when it snows bad...

I have another set of Avus's that need a refurb that I was planning to use as 'winter' wheels but I don't do the mileage inthe S3 now so prob won't bother... the FK452's I have on the RSTT's are good enough in the winter, just **** in the snow :)

<tuffty/>
  4. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

As with Tufty, I used to use my Avus's. But have to admit last couple of years I haven't bothered and just leave the OZ's on. I tend to use the Cordy if the weather is really bad anyway. Might invest in a set of 15 inch winter tyres for that as I've got some spare rims.
  5. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

My Avus's with Yoko mud and snow tyres... not really winter ones but they are the nuts in the actual snow....
    [​IMG]

<tuffty/>
  6. TAPNET

TAPNET Member

In the same boat but with a 8P I bought some 15" A4 steel wheels and put some proper winter tyres on them ready before the prices shoot up
  7. Syvo

Syvo IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT

i just keep same wheels on give the wheels a good clean i mean good clean!!!

wheels off clean with wheel cleaner then 4 coats of poor boys wheel sealent leave for 2 hours each coat then clean off and wheels will last fine all winter.

even polished lip etc saves buying new set of wheels for the sake of a days cleaning on wheels and a pot of wheel sealent which is £10