Winter Tyres

lewis

Reaction score
Well aren't I the smug one! I've winter tyres on my car, so I'm driving to work past all the crashed and stuck ones - including a crash between a double decker bus and a gritter lorry.

Bit of a shame that work was shut when I got there...

Hey! I used to have about 250 posts and lots of photos on my profile! I guess I have been victim to a clearout

Well aren't I the smug one!

Don't suppose your last name is Hamilton by any chance? :)

I've winter tyres on my car, so I'm driving to work past all the crashed and stuck ones - including a crash between a double decker bus and a gritter lorry.

Bit of a shame that work was shut when I got there...

Yup, F1 closes over Winter mate, you should know that by now!

Oh, and say Hi to Nicole for me. :)

LOL.....very funny Jo!!!

So Lewis, what part of the world are you in to need Winter tyres??

I had winter tyres on on my old Fabia. God awfull on anything but snow lol

Not enough to warrent them in the UK.

I had winter tyres on on my old Fabia. God awfull on anything but snow lol

Not enough to warrent them in the UK.

Maybe they were too "full on".

I've been thinking about getting a spare set of wheels and having a set of winter tyres. Bridgestone have about 4 different grades depending on what you're going to be driving in but the lowest would do here. Maybe yours were meant for harsher conditions?

They're supposed to make a big difference to driving in anything below 7C even if it's dry.

I haven't got round to it due to the high costs. Tyres alone would be £500-£600 plus I'd have to get wheels on top of that. Wouldn't care too much about the wheels so maybe a shabby set of alloys would do but I guess I'd still be a ton plus for them.

Well I live in the north of scotland and about 500ft above sea level so I get my fair share of bad weather. We had -7 here on Tuesday and if you drive to the limits of the car and conditions you will be fine with normal tyres.

Actually suprised how well the haldex and esp deal with the ice. The abs is another story though.

Well I live in the north of scotland and about 500ft above sea level so I get my fair share of bad weather. We had -7 here on Tuesday and if you drive to the limits of the car and conditions you will be fine with normal tyres.

Actually suprised how well the haldex and esp deal with the ice. The abs is another story though.

Agreed but if you can give yourself an advantage it helps. I would think that Quattro and summer tyres would be almost as good as 2WD and winter tyres plus saving you having to have a second set of wheels.

I have a pair of Autosocks in each car for when the roads are really snowy. Much more comfortable than chains and actually very effective.

Ho, Ho. My fiance is called Nicola actually, shame I'm not as rich...

I live in Leeds and work in Harrogate. Judging by all the other cars slithering along the tyres were making a big difference to the grip.

Until you try winter tyres you wouldn't believe the grip they give! You can drive at almost normal speeds in poor conditions.

Cmon then, which ones are they, make/model...how much and where from...I think thats it Mr Hamilton.