1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winter Tyres *

Gregzy88 Oct 23, 2011

1. Gregzy88

Gregzy88 A3 Newbie

Hey guys its been a while. Last week when i woke up and got into my car the temperature sensor showed 2.0*C. Definitely time to start buying the winter tyres. I have a 2.0 TDI and want to know what kind of tyres to buy and whether to just get the front 2 or all 4 on? Cheers.

2. spencer361

spencer361 Member

I bought some Continental WinterContact TS 830 205/55 R16 91T 4 wheel and tyre package from mytyres.co.uk

Buy 4 because if you just buy 2 and put them on the front, your car will be pointing round the other way when you least expect it. Have a look on you tube, they do tests and it explains why.

3. audigex

audigex Active Member

If you do it, get all 4. It's not just about traction and getting your power down, winter tyres help with lateral grip too - you don't want to be losing the back end

4. rezulteo

rezulteo Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

Hello everyone,

@Gregzy88 you can compare winter tyres and prices on rezulteo and find a suitable retailer too (online, offline). Probably save you some money to spend on xmas shopping instead ;)

(The link is in my signature)

5. Brett Butler

Brett Butler Member

Is it me or have the prices gone up extortionate from last year?

6. rezulteo

rezulteo Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

7. wazz

wazz Member

I own a 2005 Audi A4 2.0 tdi S line with the multi spoke 235/40/18 alloys on it.

What's the correct load index and speed index for them ?

Thanks

8. wazz

wazz Member

???