wing mirrors stolen

They are nicked fit on my audi but I'd rather have the cash to tax it ?

We are speculating a bit here but it doesn't look good! Imagine him explaining that to the police. " I'm sorry officer I only stole them to make my car look the dogs nuts then the tax ran out!"

I know fellas I notified the police so there guna investigate it. If you look in one of the pictures you can see his trainers.
I know its stereotypical but there the sort of trainers that a scrote wears

Not the first set he's sold either!

:busted_cop:

I feel like messaging the cun7 and giving it to both guns..
I hate thieves people work hard none of us are millionaires (might be wrong) but even if we were we all work ****** hard and someone like that just takes for a mere 140 of quid ....

I know fellas I notified the police so there guna investigate it. If you look in one of the pictures you can see his trainers.

Haha - brilliant.

Wonder if there was some way of marking your mirrors to warn buyers of them. Then again, most people wouldn't care buying something stolen from ebay if it's cheaper.

My issue is why would someone want to make a non S3 look like an S3? Will never understand as usually modifying bodywork is to make a car look unique - not like another car out there.

Its ridiculous. I feel like going to look at them and just throw him round like an empty pair of trousers. Even if theyre not mine its obvious there stolen. He needs boiling in pi*s

I wonder if he would let anyone view them before they bid.
Ive just emailed him to see.

Reactions: Kelza
Someone buy them ,that will give you there address ..

Guys I think you should all calm down. The police have been advised - if people start messaging him he may realise something is up and withdraw the ad. It could all be genuine.

Check out his feedback as a buyer - he's bought a few A3 parts including a lower grill, maf sensor. Also an engine crane.

He will just need to prove to the police where he bought these covers from. If people start messaging him, he may get rid of them.

Part of me hopes they are the stolen ones so at least that will be one less scrote on the streets - losing my mirrors is something that I am always scared of.

Reactions: grr666
He has replied.
I asked if I could come and check them and give him cash.
He wants me to message him in the morning and "we will meet up".
Im off work tommorow as well. I was looking for something to do.

I'd be tempted to put normal A3 wing mirrors on to discourage it happening again!
Sorry to hear this OP. It's not the first instance of this I've read about on here
so I took affirmative action to make sure this wouldn't happen to me.
I bought 2 used OE dumbo mirror caps (in solid black but a both little shabby looking)
from two different sellers on ebay for £20 each delivered, (So unlikely to be stolen)
paid £45 for repainting the pair in Phantom black metallic (Look brand new now)
and £22 to my indy to remove the brushed alu effect S3 mirror and replace them
with the refurbished colour matched ones. £107 total spend
My silver caps are undamaged and safe up in a box in my loft and my
car is a little more sleeper as a result.
I didn't like the silver caps on a black car anyway, thought they looked
tacky. Somehow the black cover on the mirrors make them look smaller
too so it's win win win.

Im actually getting the replaced with black ones. I see what you mean if lots of people keep messaging him he may get suspicous. Autolatry let me know if you are going to view them as ive got rest of the week off

Just dug it out.

This was December 2012.

Mirrios glass x2 £30.32 each
motor x1 £179.24
cap x2 £226.43 each
mounting x2 £61.22 each.
Labour £263.97

It totalled £1233.97 with VAT!

This was Nottingham Audi
It's prices like this that put me off of having them on the car at all.
And those are just the cheap mirror glasses.
The dimming mirror glasses are around £200 each I heard.
That's what's on mine which is why I decided 'sod it' and had them removed
the cheap painless way. The whole job cost me just over half the cost of
one replacement mirror glass..

I will message him in the morning and let you know mate. It's worth a look isn't it.

I hate to say this but the Police will get no where....by the time they attempt to make enquiries that's if they bother they will be long gone

Edit:
He has lots of other spares and cars for sale.....probably deals in damaged repairables & salvage

Last edited:
I hate to say this but the Police will get no where....by the time they attempt to make enquiries that's if they bother they will be long gone

Edit:
He has lots of other spares and cars for sale.....probably deals in damaged repairables & salvage

Have you seen the other spares though.. Hardly 2 spanking new mirrors off a 2011 audi.. If he didn't nick them he's most certainly the one who had bought them off the 'nicker' which makes him guilty also.

I know a few scrap dealers and they are minted, they def don't worry about having the cash to tax their cars

Have you seen the other spares though.. Hardly 2 spanking new mirrors off a 2011 audi.. If he didn't nick them he's most certainly the one who had bought them off the 'nicker' which makes him guilty also.

I know a few scrap dealers and they are minted, they def don't worry about having the cash to tax their cars
I did actually think that there was a possibility that he may also buy stolen parts to resell..... however if he deals in spares the Police would have a hard time proving that they were stolen goods!

However it doesn't take away the fact that there are some theiving @##e*les out there! I once caught two guys pinching my alloys from my old XR3

I did actually think that there was a possibility that he may also buy stolen parts to resell..... however if he deals in spares the Police would have a hard time proving that they were stolen goods!

However it doesn't take away the fact that there are some theiving @##e*les out there! I once caught two guys pinching my alloys from my old XR3

I hope you gave then both a thick ear 😛

These aren't the first set of mirrors he appears to of sold yet, if you look they are actually the same set advertised/sold before so something isn't quite right. Also looking at his previous sales there is a massive variance in the parts that he's selling for various different car brands, though the bulk has been for Fords or Subaru. Could he be a breaker rather than a private seller?

Hope the police resolve this for you either way, these scroats need their just rewards. Seems they like the nice bits off our cars as they attract good money (at least in a smack heads view). I know they shouldn't put us off mods but they're the reason I haven't fitted rnse and other nice bits, especially living in a hotspot for theft of them.
I know it won't prevent theft but I've marked every 'knickable' bit on my S3 with that selecta dna forensic marking stuff (other products are available etc) if anything goes missing and the police or me are lucky enough to locate it at least it links the item to the car and makes any prosecution much easier - maybe worth a punt for the money if enough people used it it might have the effect of making the thieving scroats think about what they steal a little more.

Someone on my street had their rns stolen from their a3 last night. Second time in 2 months! In Leeds West Yorkshire. I may get a Logitech CCTV night vision camera as a deterrent I think.

Get a grip will you please, nobody knows where a person got there parts, considering how many S3's are out there & the fact they're a powerful car, its not beyond possibility these parts are not from a damaged car, assumption is the mother of all........................

You cant label someone like this without any actual evidence, that's just ridiculous, so lets chill the thread down a bit please, its a discussion, not a place to muster up a force & the tone of language needs addressing as well.

If you read his other ads for the S3 wing mirrors he's sold they are the same advert but with different reasons for sale.
The advert in Jan said he has sold the car, the next set he sold in March said he needed to tax the car then too. Still not taxed it?
Smells like a theif to me.

Last edited:
Right guys, calm down in here, and watch the language.

Get a grip will you please, nobody knows where a person got there parts, considering how many S3's are out there & the fact they're a powerful car, its not beyond possibility these parts are not from a damaged car, assumption is the mother of all........................

You cant label someone like this without any actual evidence, that's just ridiculous, so lets chill the thread down a bit please, its a discussion, not a place to muster up a force & the tone of language needs addressing as well.

Come on we all know how many People on this forum have had stuff nicked or damaged and the advert is fairly blatant it's not a witch hunt but when it's that obvious that they are nicked you can understand people being annoyed

NHN. Some ar5e broke my mirror, completely snapped the alloy mount. All the rest is OK. Normal brilliant black passenger side 09 sportback, electric with heaters. Can you help.

Electric standard or with electric folding?

Replacement base is about £75 to buy from audi, are you looking for the part or someone to supply/fit new part?

The part and perhaps fitment. I live in Derby. Do I just remove the glass, and then unbolt some bits?

No fella, its not quite that simple to fit properly.

I fitted some new ones for the thread starter S3 th, its not a quick bolt on/off I'm afraid, door tops have to be removed to remove old & fit new, PM me & we can discuss it.