wing mirrors stolen

s3 th

Reaction score
As above I woke this morning to find my wing mirrors had been stolen.
They just snapped them off and cut the wires for thw indicators and heater.
Had a quote from audi which is ridiculous.
Where is the best place to purchase new ones and how easy are they to fit.
Its for a facelift s3.

All help appreciated

Give me a shout fella, I maybe able to help you out here over audi's prices.

Unfecking real man, some people are just w4nkers & need to get a frigging job.

Its ridiculous. Work hard to have a nice car for some scrote to damage it.
If i were to ever catch them id cut ther fingers off so theyd never do it again.

Whereabouts are you ( roughly ) ? Just so that others can be aware....

I live in west yorkshire. The bloke who came from police to examine car said it was the 2nd s3 ik four days from my area to have its wing mirrors stolen

most likely its the same person involved
I live in west yorkshire. The bloke who came from police to examine car said it was the 2nd s3 ik four days from my area to have its wing mirrors stolen

More thank likely mate. Its gutting

Feel your pain mate, it happened to me too a couple of years ago and it still riles me when I think about it. I bought my replacements from Audi as I couldn't bear the thought that I could be fitting someone else's stolen mirrors if I bought them from eBay etc. To add insult to injury Audi quoted 2 hours a side at £80/hour for the pleasure of fitting circa £650 worth of mirrors.... Over £1k in total.! In the end I decided to fit them myself, which I was surprised to find took me less than 2 hours. Although I'm quite experienced with the spanners, it really isn't a difficult job.

Ive been quoted a 3 hr job at 115 plus vat an hour. Then the cost of the mirrors which is ridiculous

Sorry to hear that fella. Wish I'd left room in the garage, I'd be putting mine in there if there was, as you know I'm not that far from you...

I certainly would be dom. Had the cheek to jump over gates which are 6ft 6 high and go down drive and snap them off

Hi mate so sorry to hear this ,it makes me soo angry .. Will your insurance not cover it ? Also keep an eye on ebay for facelift mirrors in your area and gumtree ....

Its not worth claiming through insurance as premium will go up next year! Thanks for advice ill keep searching ebay amd gumtree

Waw. They must of really wanted them! Do you live on a main road or in a cul de sac? A year a go my mates s3's side skirts and brake caliper clips and other stuff got nicked from his. He replaced them and a week later a boulder got put through his windscreen! A week a go another mates Focus ST's fog lights and covers got nicked. £300 for replacements. There's some scumbags in this world!!

It makes you think, if Audi and other makes, didn't make their products so expensive people wouldn't nick them.

Live on main road mate. I know prices are steep. But I suppose where ever you go thers always some sumbag who'll take your stuff

Are they even re usable after being snapped off and cut ?!

I'd be tempted to put normal A3 wing mirrors on to discourage it happening again!

I dont have the wing mirrors. I need complete new ones with mounting brackets and wiring loom to plug in.
I have thought about that dom.

I've thought about it with mine before they get nicked. Make myself some money and not have to worry about them being nicked so much.

If they snapped them off they ain't gonna be much good and if 4 have been done localy, maybe the scrap collectors as they are a precious metal! Try a fee local scrapyards find out who it is and put them in thr boot!!! But sorry to hear mate!!

Hi s3 th try setting up cctv even the cheaper one from argos ,ive done this before and you can keep an eye on it ,or put your name down for a close by ,council garage to get it off the street ..

I have a garage but cant put it in at the moment due to having all my kitchen materials in there.
Ive thought about cctv before but never got round to installing it. Think its guna be a must though now.

I was looking throug my cars paperwork and found a invoice for two new mirrors and fitting etc from Audi.

I presume the old owner had them stolen, I nearly dropper at the price and I didn't pay it!
I might take them off so they can't be stolen lol. Joking!

Its crazy corey the price I got from audi you could get a cheap runabout car.

Just dug it out.

This was December 2012.

Mirrios glass x2 £30.32 each
motor x1 £179.24
cap x2 £226.43 each
mounting x2 £61.22 each.
Labour £263.97

It totalled £1233.97 with VAT!

This was Nottingham Audi

That's not far off the price I got. Its a joke

I think id just get some A3 ones off eBay and go ahead with a different colour scheme to black/silver.

Black/green.. Hmmm. Lol

Ive thought about black red as interior is red and engine bay is black and red scheme

Go for it mate.

I do like the silver mirrors as it makes the S3 stand apart.
But when they cost more and are more ddesirable to steal I'd just save some money, but normal ones and paint/wrap them.

feel your pain man... i had mine messed with... and i thought the motor had jumped a chain... but i noticed grubby prints all over it.. the next day we put the the cctv up and this guy has tried again but has no idea how to remove it... next night I waited but have not seen him since. Mo fo!

im in west yorkshire, lets get a bait car with RNSE and S3 wingmirrors, a thermic lance and a bath full of acid.......and extract some revenge!!!

Thats sounds a gd plan. Id like to catch him and just chop his fingers off.

Sickener.

Soon to appear on an S3 replica somewhere.....

soon to appear on ebay, there was a massive spate in out area a while back. also same 'group' were targeting fiesta ST spoilers all on ebay

have you thought about an alarm eg toad by clifford? i had one on my old car and anyone ******* around the car it bleeps loudly obviously making the person who is hanging around your car thinking twice about what he is doing.

its not gonna be worth much coz he or she snapped it off.
he should have taken his time to get the whole thing
and get caught in the act.
i dare him or her to list it on ebay/gumtree.