Wing mirrors been ripped off..

sjahS3

Reaction score
Parked up in Hampstead for a few hours where every other car is a Porsche, Aston Martin.. and some f**king scroats have ripped off both wing mirrors :gun2: . To say I am gutted would be a total understatement.

No idea how much replacements will be.. not in any fit state to speak to police or anyone about it either.

Just wish I'd caught the ar$*holes who did it.. :mad:

-Sal-

Really sorry to hear this, i'd be ****** too.

Unfortunately this will only be the start for these kinds of thefts.

Sorry to hear about this pal. It's sickening but at least it only your wing mirrors. No big scratch or anything. Hope you get it sorted soon!

It really does seem that Audi's are the number one choice of car to vandalise these days!! My car was keyed on both side by ****** school kids a few months ago, and I seem to be reading alot more reports recently about other Audi owners suffering vandalism. :gun2:

how much would you be willing to pay for a second hand pair in very good condition without glass only i am trying to sell my car on here and other forums and not had much luck so it looks like i will be part x ing it with the stealers and would try to sell as much of my mods as poss and plus i still have the oem ming blue ones sorry just noticed yours is a 06 model any way good luck with getting it sorted

sjahS3 said:
Parked up in Hampstead for a few hours where every other car is a Porsche, Aston Martin.. and some f**king scroats have ripped off both wing mirrors :gun2: . To say I am gutted would be a total understatement.

No idea how much replacements will be.. not in any fit state to speak to police or anyone about it either.

-Sal-

Are there CCTV cameras in the car park? There usually are these days. I would have thought that a quick check with the security guys should allow you to see who was responsible.

Not good news especially as I have auto dimming and auto folding ones, hate to think what the cost to replace these would be...

Thanks for the support/comments guys.. very much appreciated.

Must be looking at the best part of 500 - 600 for a new set. Lucky they were poverty spec and weren't auto folding, auto dimming though :) .

No CCTV cameras around as was parked just off the High St on a meter :sob: .

-Sal-

sjahS3 said:
Thanks for the support/comments guys.. very much appreciated.

Must be looking at the best part of 500 - 600 for a new set. Lucky they were poverty spec and weren't auto folding, auto dimming though :) .

No CCTV cameras around as was parked just off the High St on a meter :sob: .

-Sal-

Have you checked the shops CCTV cameras? As there are so many about its worth visiting the scene of the crime, I'll bet that there is one camera from a shop or something which captured a image, also a bloke running away with two wing mirrors is not something you see every day...

d3fy said:
Ouch, are they Plastic or Metal on the new S3 then?

They have gone back to metal just like the 8L S3 as they moved to plastic for the RS4 when that came out, 50k car and it came with plastic mirrors!

Just come off the phone to Audi.. ~£800 to replace the pair ! :(

Includes housing, mirror glass, caps, electricals and labour. 2-3 hours work.

F**king hope someone's happy from it.. because I certainly aint :mad:

-Sal-

£800!!!

Imagine if they were auto folding and dimming, it would probs be over a grand!

800? That's sickening!! How can they get away with charging that much. If it was 300 I'd think that was a bit much!

Breakdown of costs went something like :

Mirrors : 60/pair
Caps : 160/pair
Unit/Housing: 280/pair
Labour : 250 for 2 hours labour (@ 125/hour).

-Sal-

Flipping Heck! £800 that's just a bit too much if you ask me. How can they justify £125/hour labour? Sorry to hear about it mate, hope you get it sorted without such an expense

Is it not possible to DIY them? Surley there is no way that would invalidate warrenty? £250 for labour,plus vat too i bet

cant you get them on ebay? Sorry don't mean to upset you but yours (and others...)will be for sale for sure...

Pedro

sjahS3 said:
Breakdown of costs went something like :

Mirrors : 60/pair
Caps : 160/pair
Unit/Housing: 280/pair
Labour : 250 for 2 hours labour (@ 125/hour).

-Sal-

ONG £250 to replace two door mirrors :faint: That is shocking!

It is really easy to change mirrors. Even if you have to remove the door cards, which is not always the case, all it is is a few bolts and unplugging a cable.

Obviously if you buy then from a stolen source you are only encoring the act of stealing S3 mirrors and its going to happen again and again. blah blah.

Thought I would say it before someone else does.

But the real reason for the post is I am sure it's not a hard job, and ebay is a good source of audi workshop DVD's which gives you all the instructions you need to do the job (cost for DVD £5 ish)

I am just about to replace a speaker grill / insert in a door pannel in my wifes Touran. I purchased a VW DVD, got the part numbers, total cost including all new clips etc £15. The dealer quote for the same job was £400 because they wanted to replace the whole door card and charge £100 for the labour.

At the end of the day if you get stuck doing the fitting you take it to the dealer with the parts, you would have had to pay for the parts anyway and the only loss will be the cost of the DVD (which is a great bed time read) :)

Chris.

Thanks for the kind words.. all sorted now, so car back to usual bar a 1 inch scratch in the A-pillar which the scroats left :(

-Sal-

sjahS3 said:

-Sal-
Sorry to hear this. There are some stupid, sick, cowardly scumbags (these words are too good for them!!!) who have no idea how much hassle they cause. Haven't had my Audi for long but my previous car (VW, v plain looking, no extras) use to get the wing mirrors nicked and some evil b*st*rd kept bending my aerial and wipers. Set up a camera to catch 'em... and did anything happen...? Did it hell!! Hope you get everything sorted and that the cowards get turned over themselves someday, and double.

BennyBOY - agree with your sentiments entirely. Hope they get what they deserve.. :mad:

It's sorted now thankfully and I was well treated by the Audi dealer who got the parts in, fitted promptly.. but at a price! :rolleyes: Just needed to get it done and quickly as I was feeling sick walking out the front door and looking at it in that state.

-Sal-