Windscreen Wiper Fault

MelA3

Reaction score
I have an Audi A3 53 Reg (new shape). Following the clearance of snow on the windscreen, my front wipers suddenly stopped working, including the screen-wash control.

After checking the fusebox it was believed to be the motor that needed replacing, however after hours of trawling through websites and calling scrap yards, I got a used part fitted but that didn't solve the problem, so the old one was re-fitted.

I'm trying to avoid taking it to Audi to be left with an £107 per hour labour charge...

Can you advise as to whether you know of any common faults with windscreen wipers, and if so, any pocket friendly solutions!

Cheers

I have the same model, and mine did the same in the snow. Turns out it was the motor which was faulty AND a wire had disconnected, somewhere, so they replaced the motor and put the wire back in. Costing me £350 (not even an Audi garage). This was 3 weeks ago. This morning, they broke again, making me think - did they replace the motor in the first place? So I'm off to the garage shortly for them to fix it FOC, hopefully.