Windscreen washers

Thanks to all I've been lurking and took the plunge on some misting washers non heated. They cost me 8 quid a pair from Aliexpress. I then whipped my oe jets off only to find my triple jet washers were heated!!!!!
So I have now ordered another pair from the local website, heated ones, this time they cost me 5 quid a pair, I'll post pics when I get them.

Cheers

It can be done using VCDS. Default is that on the 8th activation of the windscreen washers the headlamp washers will fire (as long as headlamps are on). I've changed mine to 16 and you can also specify the time that the pump is active so the amount of water that will be dispensed. Set to zero of course deactivates them.
I must admit I've not read the manual, but based on my use so far I'd just assumed they'd changed it on the FL to a quick pull on the stalk for windscreen only and a long pull (ooh err!) for both. My previous Audi's were every 4th or 5th time they headlights got washed whether they needed it or not.
But with the FL S3, maybe it's just that I've never had to get to an 8th skoosh(?)

Reactions: Rob2k68
Thanks to all I've been lurking and took the plunge on some misting washers non heated. They cost me 8 quid a pair from Aliexpress. I then whipped my oe jets off only to find my triple jet washers were heated!!!!!
So I have now ordered another pair from the local website, heated ones, this time they cost me 5 quid a pair, I'll post pics when I get them.

Cheers

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Rob2k68
I'm following this thread with interest too - I think I'd like the mist sprays on my new car. How easy are they to fit?

Cheers

I think all A3s have heated washer jets don't they? At least in the UK they do

They do. The same. The hybrid ones are better. All the vids you are seeing are stationery. I have had all 3 types

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Think it is time to make a request to @mjr901

@mjr901 if you see this, can we please get a delivered quote on the part numbers in post #66? Any chance of further discount if a few people here at interested (which it seems they might well be)?

Thanks!

Reactions: cemerson
Can either @redsep or @Rob2k68 confirm if the focus jets (on the mist jets) also get adjusted when you move the adjustment screw? What specifically does that screw adjust?

Thanks!

The screw adjusts how far up the windscreen the spray hits. I had to turn them about 1/4 of a turn to get them further up the screen, much more and they caught on the edge of the bonnet. The exit hole for the spray is not like the traditional 3 jet version, it is more of a single line and must have slightly larger gaps at points to allow the jets.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and azibux1
Think it is time to make a request to @mjr901

@mjr901 if you see this, can we please get a delivered quote on the part numbers in post #66? Any chance of further discount if a few people here at interested (which it seems they might well be)?

Thanks!
I'd be interested in a piece of that pie! :D

Reactions: azibux1
The screw adjusts how far up the windscreen the spray hits. I had to turn them about 1/4 of a turn to get them further up the screen, much more and they caught on the edge of the bonnet. The exit hole for the spray is not like the traditional 3 jet version, it is more of a single line and must have slightly larger gaps at points to allow the jets.
Thanks for the info! :D

I'd be interested in a piece of that pie! :D
I love how you're getting a line-up of parts ready for your currently non-built car :D ha

Reactions: Steelster, Rob2k68 and SevenW
I'm interested in this aswell... the standard one's do my nut in.

Reactions: RSS-S3, Rob2k68 and azibux1
I love how you're getting a line-up of parts ready for your currently non-built car :D ha
Anything involving windscreen washers and I'm on it like a rash!!

Reactions: Rob2k68, azibux1 and Mark_86
Hi guys!

4G0955987A
4G0955988A

£17.62 inc VAT

Kind Regards,

Mike

01905 346808

Reactions: RSS-S3, cemerson, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Just ordered some... Thanks @mjr901!

We were a bit concerned whether or not they really were heated at that price, but a bit of investigation shows they do indeed seem to be! :)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Mark_86
Just ordered some... Thanks @mjr901!

We were a bit concerned whether or not they really were heated at that price, but a bit of investigation shows they do indeed seem to be! :)

They are definitely heated, you should get fan plus one jet so make sure you fit them to the right side :-

IMG 2624

Thanks @Rob2k68! Sounds obvious, but I assume left is passenger side? Not left as in when you're looking from the front end?

Thanks @Rob2k68! Sounds obvious, but I assume left is passenger side? Not left as in when you're looking from the front end?

I would think so mate yes - also means that the single jet is pointing inwards and not outward towards pedestrians!

I would think so mate yes - also means that the single jet is pointing inwards and not outward towards pedestrians!
Well that simply depends on what you're after :D ha

Reactions: richinsoton, Tom.H and Rob2k68
They are the same as what redsep bought (C7 A6) so you should get the same spray pattern as shown on post #68.
Lol I meant which way you fit them depends on whether or not you want to spray passers walking by :D :p

I'm confused, Rob. Did you change your mind and purchased the C7 A6 hybrid washers?

Also... what this guy said ^^^ haha

I thought you ordered the Golf/Leon ones? Or you did, but you just posted a pic of the A6 ones?

Lol I meant which way you fit them depends on whether or not you want to spray passers walking by :D :p

LoL I got that gag !!!

Also... what this guy said ^^^ haha

I thought you ordered the Golf/Leon ones? Or you did, but you just posted a pic of the A6 ones?

Yeah just showing physical differences between yours (A6) and mine (Golf) and also differences in spray pattern.

LoL I got that gag !!!

Yeah just showing physical differences between yours (A6) and mine (Golf) and also differences in spray pattern.
Aha cheers :)

Yeah they seem decent I just can't warrant nearly £60 on washer jets lol

I can be slightly heavy handed and stupid on simple tasks, how easy are we talking? :D What tools are required sir?

Small electrical screwdriver / thin trim removal tool / corner of credit card / long finger nail !!

Anything like that mate just to prise out the existing jets.

Reactions: Steelster
How do the heating elements work on these? Can't see anything on the parts pictured above that would make it any different to a non-heated one

Reactions: Rob2k68 and BodegaBay
How do the heating elements work on these? Can't see anything on the parts pictured above that would make it any different to a non-heated one

My pic in post #77 shows the electrical connector I guess there is a localised heater element just to the rear of the jet.

Small electrical screwdriver / thin trim removal tool / corner of credit card / long finger nail !!

Anything like that mate just to prise out the existing jets.

Ah perfect, all tools of mass destruction with my sausage fingers!

Reactions: richinsoton and Rob2k68
Can't say I've ever noticed any difference, was told mine are heated. Will have to wait and see if the S3 is any different.

I meant on my current car, still waiting for the Audi to be built :grinning:

Just ordered a pair of the A6 'hybrid' jets :D

Before I purchase,

Are the ones that @mjr901 the right ones to fit on my PFL my15 A3?

Is there anywhere a video where it shows replacement of the washers @Rob2k68 , or if is not a lot to ask could you make a quick one or a quick guide on how to replace?

Many thanks ;)

Before I purchase,

Are the ones that @mjr901 the right ones to fit on my PFL my15 A3?

Is there anywhere a video where it shows replacement of the washers @Rob2k68 , or if is not a lot to ask could you make a quick one or a quick guide on how to replace?

Many thanks ;)
I would imagine so yes, as they would be the same as my PFL 2016 I've bought for