Windscreen Washers Jet - Fan Spray?

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Does anybody have the newer style 'fan' type windscreen washer jets, or has retro-fitted them into their 8L?

Just wondering as a friend's 2001 Polo has them and I like how it sprays all over the screen as opposed to the little jets of water it currently spits out. Any part numbers would be handy too...

Imteyaz.

I was interested in doing this a while ago, I did find a decent write up on how to retro fit the fan type jets to a passat. I'll take a look and see if I can find it and post up the link, it was really good as it also listed part no.

Interesting... cant really remember but i dont think the a3 jets are actually attached to the bonnet like the a4 ones on that link are they?

I thought they were attached to the scuttle panel...could be wrong though!!

although that said i dont recall the windscreen repair guy clamping any water pipes when removing the scuttle.... guess we're just too lazy to go out and check haha

ive been going to look if I could fit a unit off the wifes golf to my S3 might give it a try this weekend. they are totally different sizes but may be able to be modded

I'll see if I can have a look at my friends Polo again to see if they are similar in dimension to our 'water pistol' jets over the weekend too, although I think that the Golf MKIV ones could be a closer match due to the two sharing many other parts.

Do we have any ETKA geniuses around who could pull up part numbers to see if this was available for the 8L's?

I think alot of the boys on the A4 forum on here have done it, check it out, dont know if they are the same as the a/s3???

Would be a good mod. I hate the washers on the s3.