1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windscreen Replacement

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by JCMCN, Mar 20, 2011.

1. JCMCN

JCMCN Member

My windscreen has been damaged beyond repair and needs replacing. My Insurer only wants me to use Autoglass, with whom I had a bad experience with before. The last Audi I had they tore the surrounding interior.

They are willing to pay upto £140 to my prefered replacement.

Anyone know how much Audi will want for a tinted replacement with Rain sensor ?
  2. Dilligaf-UK

Dilligaf-UK Chugging along

Don't know what they will charge, but in my experience, all they do is supply the parts and call Autoglass/National Windscreens/Whoever to install it on their behalf.
  3. moag

moag she's no d-turbo

use autoglass. If they do any damage whilst fitting a replacement screen then they have to get it fixed. I've had to screens replaced by them with no bother
  4. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Generic screens are perfectly ok, you can get 1 fitted for £170 & just as good as audi's, I've had 2 now & they're perfectly fine.
  5. N8

N8 Kowalski Details

I've had a replacement screen as well, doesn't seem any different to my original one?
  6. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Its just cause its pilkington glass iirc for genuine screens which is bloody expensive as it is, well previous oem ones were, tbh its as with all things a name, there are some things I dont concern myself with using cheaper, as they tend to come with either a firm warranty or are made to required regulations anyway, so genuine or not doesnt matter a bit on a screen for me.

Now wheels, well thats a different story :moa:
  7. JCMCN

JCMCN Member

Cheers all.

I think I will give my insurance a call and stand over the Autoglass guy like an angry dragon and hope for the best