windscreen replacement through insurance

Bbflex

Reaction score
whos had it done and what's your thoughts?

Is the glass as good as the original? Is it best to go to one of there fitting centres? Has anyone with an A8 had it done and any issues?

Any advice welcomed :)

I had my S3 done a couple of years ago, had no probs at all, just had to make it clear that it was an S3 one and not an A3 as they have different colour tint at the top of the glass, otherwise it was fine.

If you do go ahead with it, just make sure the scuttle panel and everything is moved carefully and put back properly.

This was covered recently but the search function isn't finding it.

I had both my front and rear screens replaced by Autoglass after an accident at work. They replaced like for like, ie. gradient band front.
Both screens were replacements and not Audi, not that I see this as being an issue, personally.
They were quick, reasonably tidy and there was no real signs that they were there, except that when the tailgate was shut, there was still a few grains of broken glass rattling about inside.

Oh, and I got a new tax disc holder, when you needed a tax disc holder...!

Thanks lads for your reply, iv search the subject before hence my questions, iv read the lads at the warehouse aren't on commission so can take there time getting it right, iv also read that the pattern glass can be softer than original and hence my asking, iv not had a screen fitted on any car iv owned as of yet but the A8 screen is well past its best and unsure a polish will fix the issue, what are usually the acceptable reasons for claiming for glass on your insurance? Is it just big chips and cracks? Or is bad pitting acceptable too?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I dont think you can count bad pitting, it needs to be a crack or chip in the line of vision.

Reactions: Bbflex
Thanks, might be a case of giving it a polish and see how much I can polish out.