Windscreen Replacement Cover

Alex C

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi,

If you have windscreen coverage on your insurance is it covered for all types of damage, even if cause by accident, i.e. whilst changing wiper blades and the metal arm slams back down into the windscreen creating a pretty spider web crack? Is that covered?

hi am a windscreen fitter at the bottom of your insurance policy it should say who you can use autoglass, autowindscreens give them a ring tell them your screen is cracked weather it has a top-tint, rain sensor, get them to come out pay your excess and thats it you don't lose your no claims make sure you watch them do it make sure they take the scuttle off because you can ram the glass down!

hi am a windscreen fitter at the bottom of your insurance policy it should say who you can use autoglass, autowindscreens give them a ring tell them your screen is cracked weather it has a top-tint, rain sensor, get them to come out pay your excess and thats it you don't lose your no claims make sure you watch them do it make sure they take the scuttle off because you can ram the glass down!

I had my windscreen replaced on insurance (A4 B6 Saloon at the time), went ok except for afterwards it was done I suffered really bad condensation on the inside which I had never had a problem with. I sold the car since but its always bugged me as to why.... any ideas ?