1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windscreen Insurance

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Alex C, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Alex C

Alex C Active Member

Does anyone know if windscreen insurance includes accidental damage? Whilst mum was changing her wipers on her Z3 she accidentally let the wiper arm (without blade) slam back down onto the windscreen which has cracked the glass :applaus:

Would this sort of accidental damage be covered by the windscreen insurance?

I know this isn't really the right section, but the insurance section only has 1 guest and there is usually a quick response in here

2. wibble111

wibble111 needs to scratch the itch

I'd ring them, who's to know it wasnt a stone what caused it. After my recent issues regarding a replacement windscreen make sure you have a good look at the work before he goes, I have had a nightmare with mine after a broken scuttle panel caused by the original fitter.
  3. Imteyaz

Imteyaz 6th Gear

You don't have to justify how the windscreen broke, I have used Autoglass in the past and they never asked why, they were happy to take my excess fee and replace my screen.

Find out which companies you can use (from you car insurance company) and then give them a call!
  4. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid

Agreed^^^^^
  5. Alex C

Alex C Active Member

thanks for the replies, she is thinking of concocting some fake story about how it could have happened but it would be better if she didn't say anything if you don't have to justify it
  6. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid

Almost every cracked windscreen is an accident.....
  7. Plunky

Plunky Member

just say a stone hit it! whos to know what really happened, im sure the windscreen fitters wont ask