1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Open in Morning

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Dibs_h, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Dibs_h

Dibs_h New Member

[Nov 2, 2011]
    This morning, I went out to the car and both front windows were down about an inch or 2. Car was locked and nothing amiss.

Had a quick Google and search around the forums and it seems to be pointing towards having inadvertently pressed the unlock button a few seconds, which lowers the windows. Probably whilst fob and bunch of keys were in my pocket.

Tested the fob and "windows down with remote" is on. Will be removing that tonight with VCDS.

Just as a long shot - does anyone know if something similar would happen with the car battery was on it's way out? It was cold last night and I've had the cold weather help a weak battery die, before.

Cheers

Dibs

p.s. It's a '53 B6 130 Avant.
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 19, 2014]

3. Mike B

Mike B Member

[Nov 2, 2011]
    I think its only the fob and its safest to remove if its happened.But car shoulld not have unlocked or locked itself if door had not been opened
  4. hades-

hades- Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Nov 2, 2011]
    like he said car was locked
    so if he pressed button by mistake in pocket it would lower windows and relock its self
  5. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Nov 2, 2011]
    I'm sure thats what happened, I've done it once and panicked a bit when I discovered it! Touch wood, it's not happened since.
  6. BlackQuat

BlackQuat Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Nov 2, 2011]
    Seeing as my fob works from around 3 miles away. I thought it was a good idea to disable them going down with vagcom.
  7. Dibs_h

Dibs_h New Member

[Nov 2, 2011]
    Thanks for the replies chaps. I haven't programmed it out this evening - just making sure the fob can't accidentally get pressed and ifall is well overnight - will program it put tomorrow.

Cheers

Dibs
  8. Mike B

Mike B Member

[Nov 3, 2011]
    My thought was if the car will self lock if the door not opened why does it not shut the windows too?