1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows auto rolled down on locking?

The911SC Jul 8, 2005

1. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

Its only done it once, but returned to my A4 today after washing it to find both windows rolled down fully and the alarm still on/locked.

I thought i remembered someone seeing this before?

2. stratty31

stratty31 New Member

Did you have the key in your pocket?..99% of the time this is the cause....the unlock button gets depressed for a period of time and the convienince feature operates the windows...if the car was locked, the button for locking probably got pressed once....very, very, common...there is an outside chance of a faulty Convenience ecu..but i doubt it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

3. wmd10

wmd10 Member

this happened with my car too, actually happened with my octavia aswell. seems to be a fault with VAG central locking.

the convenience system seems to malfuction.

i got mine reset and recoded and it hasnt happened again. but im always catious now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

Hmm; I may switch this 'feature' off with vagcom. I dont ever need to roll the windows down with the key (The closure is useful though..)