1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Window wont close

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by maxp, Jun 9, 2010.

1. maxp

maxp Member

As i went to put the window up, it stopped about three inches before the top then moved back down about two inches. Ive managed to coax it about an inch and a half from being fully shut, but if i press the 'up' button any more i know its just gonna send it back down again.

Ive had a search and a failed window clip seems to be a very common problem. Does this sound like it?

Considering taking it to a garage to get fixed unless this is someone a bit of an idiot like me can repair?
  2. sportstractor

sportstractor Chugger Regional Rep

yeah sounds like window clip, pretty cheap from audi. It does look like a ball ache of a job but there is a good guide on here. Have you tryed holding the glass while somebody sends it up and down
  3. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

4. maxp

maxp Member

Bit of a weird update: Went over to it just now (~5hours later), dared to press the 'window up' button, and up it went!

This is most strange? Anybody got any ideas as to what has happened? Maybe the mech is on it's way out?