1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Window Wipers bent due to snow

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by jamesblonde, Feb 8, 2009.

1. jamesblonde

jamesblonde New Member

The snow/ice seems to have played around with my windows wipers.

I've not used the car for a few days but it seems the windows wipers are not going back down correctly.

From the drivers seat you shouldn't really see the window wiper arms but I can now. Looking from the outside of the car they look like they should come down about another inch.

Has anyone seen this problem before and how I might fix it please.

Its on my A4 TDI S-line 2006

Many Thanks
    :notme:
  2. pjmspeedy

pjmspeedy Dude, what's mine say ?

Try un-doing the nut on the wiper arms and moving them down an inch and then re-tighten.
  3. jamesblonde

jamesblonde New Member

Hi

How do you move them. I've removed the black cap covering the 16MM nut and then removed the 16MM nut.

Now do I just move the wiper arm up/down or does it need pulling off because its got a toothed edge ? I can see what to do here.

Many Thanks
    :wacko:
  4. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

They will come off but can be pretty awkward! Soak it in WD40 for a while and just gently wiggle the wiper arm until it comes loose - In the past I have left the socket on the nut and undone it up until about three threads left and given it a few hammer blows to jar it free. They will come but just be super careful!!
  5. pjmspeedy

pjmspeedy Dude, what's mine say ?

Any luck ?