1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Window washer pump

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by stuart.garlinge, Oct 5, 2011.

1. stuart.garlinge

stuart.garlinge Member

My window washer pump has stopped working and needs replacing, could someone point me to a how to guide if there is one, or explain to me the esiest way to get to it and any tips on changing it, thanks stu
  2. Woorlord

Woorlord shifting to Hyperspace... .

Take out front n/s headlight and there it is.

The picture below shows the location - although in this instance the front bumper is also off - but you can still get access.
    Windscreen washer pump on left, headlight washer pump (if fitted) on right:
    [​IMG]
  3. Mike B

Mike B Member

It just pulls off but be ready to push the new one unless you dont mind losing all the contents.Are you sure that the old ones not just bunged up and needs cleaning?
  4. stuart.garlinge

stuart.garlinge Member

cheers for that guys, i managed to get a new replacement pump for under a tenna, so if i end up with a spare, i suppose it may always come in handy.
  5. stuart.garlinge

stuart.garlinge Member

Well i fitted the new washer motor yesterday, and still no joy, even the new one won't work, i checked the fuse and that was ok so what do you guys think my next step is, thanks stu.
  6. Mike B

Mike B Member

Can you verify the motor is ok by wiring it to a battery?If so and OK I would then check that you have power to the connectors cos it seems that there may be a break in the wiringbut this would be unusual.Otherwise it could be the stalk
  7. Woorlord

Woorlord shifting to Hyperspace... .

Motor requires water around the inlet nozzle - had a similar problem after fitting a replacement headlight washer motor - tried it with very little water and not working, but then filled washer bottle full with water and it worked - wierd one!
    Tested on bench dry and did not work.
    Tested power feed to motor and it was live but no motor action.