1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Window Washer Can replacement

spannah Jan 7, 2008

1. spannah

spannah Member

Fellas,

I think my 5LTR can has a hole in it, i am not honestly sure yet, but everytime i fill it up it takes ages, but it seems to empty out really quick, within about a week or 2, i am sure this is not normal coz i dont use it that much but i do use it.

But if it is cracked how long and easy is it to replace with a new one, i am guessing GSF is a good enough place to get one of these from right, how much am i looking too.

Thanks
    Spencer

2. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

easy way to tell if its got a hole in it is to fill it then dont use it then check the level.

mine empties quite quick in the winter ( remember headlamp washes as well as screen). Also I just fixed the rear wash wipe one as the pipe had come unclipped under the air filter box pissing water everywhere :(

3. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!! VCDS Map User

is the bottle on the s3 bigger than the a3.....because of the xenon washes?

4. spannah

spannah Member

Thats a good idea, my rear washer doesnt work either, it might be the same problem i need to have a look properly.

5. nky_84

nky_84 6th Gear

mine empties in a week or so, even if i dont use it. Been meaning to have a look if its a split pipe etc, but it looks like a bit of a pain to get at.

6. steve1975l

steve1975l Member

I thought the seal goes between the pump and resevoir.