Window Wash Jets

d8ean

Reaction score
a combination of not using the car that much, and keeping it clean i've not really had the oppo to use the washer jets.
but the other day i did, hugely dissapointed! on most of the other cars i've driven the water seems to get sprayed onto the window in a 'V' like shape. I thought the single jets died a slow painful death..?
not to mention missing half the window and hitting the car behind me, tried to adjust them which is a PITA, and now they hit the glass but still crap imho.

Works fine for me... doesn't really matter what sort of pattern they use to be honest given that the wipers spread it around in exactly the same fashion in each case!

Those jets that spray over the top when stationary, spray in the centre when the car is at 50. Design or not, it works for me :)

In the past you have been able to change the washer jets for the VW version which gives a spray rather than the individual water streams. I changed them on my last A3, didn't like them, so changed them back. They did not seem to be able to get enough water onto the screen when it was really dirty.

In the parts catalogue there are four different part numbers listed for the washer jets on an A3. Two are described as just water jets, left and right and the other two are described as spray nozzles, heated, left and right. The plain ones are £5.48 and the heated ones £21.01. All UK bound A3s come with heated washer jets as standard.

For VW Golf 7 there are just two listed, no separate left and right, just washer jets and spray nozzles heated. Again these are £8.95 and £24.20 each. The Golf only has heated washer jets as part of the optional Winter Pack.

Not sure what the difference is in spray pattern between them with the latest Golf and A3.

Those jets that spray over the top when stationary, spray in the centre when the car is at 50. Design or not, it works for me :)

I think we need to request two future optional extras:

1. Washer jet allignment for spray angle and velocity linked to ACC
2. Variable spray pattern linked to drive select

Sounds like a plan, but no washer should spray over the top of the car, stationary or not....

I wonder if the system used for the rear washer would work on the front?

Reactions: cuke2u
In the past you have been able to change the washer jets for the VW version which gives a spray rather than the individual water streams. I changed them on my last A3, didn't like them, so changed them back. They did not seem to be able to get enough water onto the screen when it was really dirty.

In the parts catalogue there are four different part numbers listed for the washer jets on an A3. Two are described as just water jets, left and right and the other two are described as spray nozzles, heated, left and right. The plain ones are £5.48 and the heated ones £21.01. All UK bound A3s come with heated washer jets as standard.

For VW Golf 7 there are just two listed, no separate left and right, just washer jets and spray nozzles heated. Again these are £8.95 and £24.20 each. The Golf only has heated washer jets as part of the optional Winter Pack.

Not sure what the difference is in spray pattern between them with the latest Golf and A3.

Can you give the part numbers for the VW ones please Dave.

Can you give the part numbers for the VW ones please Dave.

The VW ones described as Spray Nozzles,Heated (£24.20) are 5MO 955 986 9B9

and the plain ones described as water jets (£8.95) are 5MO 955 985C 9B9.

Just remember that the spray version can a be a ****** to adjust and some have a special tool to do this...

Thanks Dave. Might be a stupid question so be kind with your answers... But can I get these through Audi dealer or do I need to go to VW?

An Audi parts department should be able to order the VW parts for you after all they both come from the same central warehouse in the UK. I ordered my original spray type through my Audi dealer.