Window tints

ElliottB

Audi A3
Reaction score
Got a 3dr a3.
Getting my windows tinted on the weekend, the rears!

Thinking i should get the fronts done so it doesnt look so wierd?

Anyone had trouble off the cops or at mot time with there fronts slightly tinted?

Cheers

How much is it costing you to get the rears done mate? I was thinking on getting my rears tinted, although I have a sportback so id guess its a little more.

mine cost me £80 to have the rear windows done ad a sunvisor on the front windscreen.

I have a Sportback and paid £90.00 cash to have 80% tints on 5 windows. Job was done in Essex. Well pleased.

Got a 3dr a3.
Getting my windows tinted on the weekend, the rears!

Thinking i should get the fronts done so it doesnt look so wierd?

Anyone had trouble off the cops or at mot time with there fronts slightly tinted?

Cheers

it can go both ways with the plod
they will either slap you with 3 points per side or a probo for the 1st time
or not say a word depends what cop pulls you traffic are the worst and they carry the tintman with them
anything on the front it over the limit so its realy down to you takeing the risk

Might just leave the front can't be hacked getting points for some tints

Reactions: nally
Can anybody recommend any one around hull area for tints? id like light tints on my rear 3 windows.

Im getting mine done in hull on sunday by top tints, there number is 07756 519567 or 01482 325802

it can go both ways with the plod
they will either slap you with 3 points per side or a probo for the 1st time
or not say a word depends what cop pulls you traffic are the worst and they carry the tintman with them
anything on the front it over the limit so its realy down to you takeing the risk

When did they start giving points? Didn't even know that thought it was just a fine and to pull a bit off each front window so you would end up removing them.

Last edited:
no they can point you now for once they found a loophole in there law to allow them to
dont quote me but i thing its dangerous condition of vehicle
all depends on the copped and if you had a warning proabition before

I've been quoted £250 from b pillar backwards on an a4 avant from the window film company, they are expensive, but have a good reputation

When did they start giving points? Didn't even know that thought it was just a fine and to pull a bit off each front window so you Luke end up removing them.

just called my mate to check code on his liecence
was his 3rd time caught in the same car as they mark the car not the person
Causing or likely to cause danger by reason of use of unsuitable vehicle or using a vehicle with parts or accessories (excluding brakes, steering or tyres) in a dangerous condition

CU20

just called my mate to check code on his liecence
was his 3rd time caught in the same car as they mark the car not the person
Causing or likely to cause danger by reason of use of unsuitable vehicle or using a vehicle with parts or accessories (excluding brakes, steering or tyres) in a dangerous condition

CU20

Cheers mate

How much is it costing you to get the rears done mate? I was thinking on getting my rears tinted, although I have a sportback so id guess its a little more.
15% on mine £140 from tintwizards liverpool
IMG_2308.jpg

I've been quoted £250 from b pillar backwards on an a4 avant from the window film company, they are expensive, but have a good reputation

wtf thats a lot i would expect that non breakable stuff for that mine a guarnteed for life ( of the car )

i've always done my own, it only cost me what the film costs plus some time (a fair bit). Here are a few of the ones i've done:undwech:

Newandcleanagain18086-1.jpg

NewWheels002.jpg

226080_10150319626556798_652366797_9255913_3581711_n.jpg

281648_10150336764881798_652366797_9430854_7700714_n.jpg

and last one (Taken after the old man had a hit and run)

294108_10150336765661798_652366797_9430859_4398924_n.jpg

I had my last car done by Cappucino tints, not sure if he'd come over to Hull, but if you don't ask...

cost me £150 for 2 rear door windows & 3 windows of the boot.

God forbid you had a crunch and your fronts had any additional tint applied you'd be hard not to prove they weren't a contributing factor.
Personally I'd be seriously gutted if I injured or killed someone coz I didn't see them due to having front tints.

I had my last car done by Cappucino tints, not sure if he'd come over to Hull, but if you don't ask...

cost me £150 for 2 rear door windows & 3 windows of the boot.

God forbid you had a crunch and your fronts had any additional tint applied you'd be hard not to prove they weren't a contributing factor.
Personally I'd be seriously gutted if I injured or killed someone coz I didn't see them due to having front tints.

he will go to hull pepe is a very good mate of mine
if you do call him mention me for a bit more discount
what colour was his hair when you saw him ?

I paid about £140 for my s3 20% tints if I recall correctly front and back. It looks mint and most days I like the privacy and it looks good too but to be honest if I was doing it again I would get the front windows a shade lighter, say 35%. My main gripe is when pulling out at junctions sometimes eye contact with the driver of an oncoming car helps and with the tints that's basically impossible. Also if you wave to say thanks for letting you out they probably wont see :) The back windows are almost limo black as I've got a black headlining and also as you move further away from the windscreen there is less light coming through - that's another thing to consider.

Not had any problems with police - yet. Sometimes I open the front windows a bit if I see a cop car or bike. But I live in London and the number of cars with properly limo black windows front and rear is quite high.... maybe outside of London they are more strict

he will go to hull pepe is a very good mate of mine
if you do call him mention me for a bit more discount
what colour was his hair when you saw him ?

Ahh yeah Pepe, what a great guy. err it was blond & dark stripes I think, then saw him at Holiday Inn Garforth and think it had some purple in... I was gonna have him do the Audi until i choose the black Edition.

Cannot fault Pepe.

thanks chaps for the hull comments, now to decide how dark.....well how light

Pepe fitted medium to my last car (Volvo V50), makes it look classy without that limo / boyracer look. You can see through it if you look hard enough but you couldn't make out if there was anyone sat in the back especially on sunny days. I also fitted Volvo sunblinds to the boot area and even up close you could not see in so it meant I could do away with the parcel shelf cover.

I want to tint mine car as well but put off with my insurance company (Direct line) as they classified it as a modification which will increase premium upto few hundreds.

Anybody in similar situation or you do not notify your insurance company???