window tinting?!?!

sainte986

Vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Hi there,

I own a Golf MK4 5dr and want my windows tinted, but have had some conflicting info.
2 places have told me they can tint all my windows(minus the windscreen and front windows only so much) and 1 place says I can only have the back ones done.
Something about a new law being intoruced stating that no cars that have had there windows tinted from now on can have the front tinted, not even slightly.
Has anyone else heard this or is this one place just stupid?
As I think what is the point just having the rears tinted.

Please Help
Patrick:sos:

The usual rule is any tint you want B-pillar backwards, windscreen no tint allowed, and the front side windows need to let 70% light through, and since they have a natural tint from the factory, you are looking at a 15% tint legally, but most fitter will fit a 30% light tint for you on the fronts.

Jojo hit nail on head, absolutely right, Mattandrew had issues recently with his front tints which he had to change, personally I've had tints all round but always fronts were the minimal & legal, I would do minimal fronts & rears little darker, I also do my rear window which allows the auto dim to still work 100%, dont do limo black its awful, I use Old School Windscreens in Chertsey area, always have always will fantastic price & work, wouldnt notice any difference as though came from factory.

yeah, at the end of the day tho... if you want them tinting theres always somewhere that will do it.

I woudlnt bother tho... coppers like to be a bit sharp on it now and use it as a reason to stop you... ..

Standard windows already have a manufacturer tint in them anyway..