Window tinting

Medders

Reaction score
i thought I'd start a new thread as people have mentioned this subject in a couple of posts.

Which windows are you guys having tinted and by whom ?

How much does it cost ?

I've thought about it recently, as it'd be pretty useful with my little one sat in the back, then I can get rid of the cheapo sun blinds I've got (better than paying Audi a grand, but that's another story!)

Paul

I bought mine with the windows already tinted. All the windows had been done except for the windscreen, so I don't know how much it cost. The rear passenger windows and rear screen have a 35% tint (I think that means that it lets 65% of light through), and the fronts are slightly lighter.

If you're interested, I can find out who did it and how much it cost as it was organised by the dealer for the previous owner.

Thanks mate - If the dealers can do it I'll ask them when i'm next in..

Paul

I hear very good reviews on Pentagon. They seem to do a wonderful job, and provide good service. They have tints and 'armour' layers, which are very impressive. IIRC their head office is in London. I'm rather dissapointed they have no branch in NL, otherwise i'd pay them a visit for sure!

As per my message in 'hesitating' thread, my boss's window tints are almost black and have a slight metallic chrome sheen to them. All are the same except front of course, which is standard.

Supposedly they were specified from new by previous owner. Audi did / do fit this tint (is still a film) for the American market and have done since the 80s. There is a technical name for them '????chrome privacy glass or something.

Will try to post some pics so that you can see what it looks like.

Got me thinking about this subject because must be more too it. My boss's car, as I have said, has really dark tints but when you are inside, is like being in a normal car. The metallic chrome finish that you can just make out must have something to do with it. Sort of like a 2 way mirror I suppose.

He is back from holiday today so I will try to get some pics.

My S8 brochure only states 'double glazing', as an option mind you!

Could it be the 'privacy package' you're referring to is in fact the sunscreen package (side rears & rear electric sunscreens)? That's often called that...

Oh, with all due respect, the wife should watch less Fast & Furious me thinks... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (don't go the neon route) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I've sent a mail to Pentagon. In case you're wondering:

"The prices for an Audi S8 fitted with Tinted Supaglass or Standard Tints are £1295+VAT and £850+VAT respectively.

You shouldn't have any problem cleaning the windows, just use standard window cleanser. Furthermore, the film we use is not suseptable to everyday wear and tear, it only rips under fairly heavy abuse."